We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices?

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Prices?

My daughters class is going to St. Augustine for a field trip.(they will visit the Historical Section and the Spanish Village. There is a few kids in her class that can't afford to go. The price that we had to pay to me was way to much but I do not know how much it is to get into the attractions. (the 3 I know they will visit is the fort, St George St and a church and yes this is a public school) I would love to pay for these kids to go but do not know the prices for admission. (When I paid for DD and I the charter bus was included But we will not be riding the bus so I could give our seats to another child) Any help would be great!! Also we are thinking of staying the night and the LaQuinta seems nice anyone not like it? TIA

st augustine fl
Level Contributor
299 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices?

The prices for addmission to the fort is $2, St Geaorge if free,only what you spend in the shops. the churchs is also free. So i would say for $20 each the kids could have a great time. The charter bus was probably the major part of the cost.

The LaQuinta is new. It just open last month.

It is a very nice jesture for you to want to help the other kids go. I hope they can. Enjoy your visit.

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices?

Uh....fort is $6 for adults, Kids 15 and under are free, St. George street is free to roam, churches are free to enter, unless you need to buy an 'indulgence'...pardon me I digress...La Quinta should be fine, have you checked the reviews? You should be able to get a group price for the Spanish Colonial Quarter...

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices?

Thanks so much!! Now I am just wondering why I paid $122 for this trip if everything is cheap!?! Oh well that just means I will beable to make sure the kids that can't afford to go can.

florida
Level Contributor
296 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices?

Shaynas I too wonder why the class trips to St Augustine are so much money. I understand the buses are very expensive but for the amount of time the children are able to spend I think the schools should find someplace a little closer for a school trip.

Our children leave the school at 8:30 and return at 5:30. It is at least a 2 hour drive each way which leaves less then 5 hours not counting getting kids off and on the buses.

The children go to the fort, do a little shopping, and eat lunch in the play ground.

This trip cost 80 dollars a child, and there are many children who's parents struggle to afford sending them.

It is really nice of you to try and help out those children who could not afford the trip.

Good luck and have a good time....

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices?

We are 3 hours away (Tampa) and the cost was $52 for my daughter and $72 for me. I thought it was crazy! Also we already did a fundraiser to help pay for this trip.

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices?

I ment $50 for her and $72 for me. LOL

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices?

ShaynaS have a good time in St.Augustine and let us know how it went on your review afterwards okay .

Mehmet

8. Re: Prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 11:22
Get answers to your questions about St. Augustine