We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Spanish Bakery?

Which St. Augustine hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Spanish Bakery?

Does anyone know where I could find a menu for The Spanish Bakery. I went on their site and it only gave examples and no prices. Also does anyone know if it closes at 3:00p.m.? And finally is it a good place to eat? Any help would be great! Thanks

Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Spanish Bakery?

They may not post on the site because, it may change daily . I have eaten there maybe 20 times it has always been about $5.00 range or less . Not sure if it closes at 3 we always are there before to get the best bread !!! I can tell you its simple flavorful food well worth the stop I always have !!!

I always get several types of bread to bring back to NC

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Spanish Bakery?

Thanks!! The reason I was asking is my daughters class is going to eat "dinner" there at 4:30. But our choices are for the kids..chicken strips or hamburger. The adults get a turkey wrap or chicken ceasar salad..not what they have on their site.LOL I would love to try some of their "real" menu as just the examples sound good.

St. Augustine FL
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Spanish Bakery?

Don't get all excited, ShaynaS, about this place. It is just an open air "bakery" type counter service and you sit outside on picnic tables with very little shade. Fine for kids, but the menus is NOT extensive and plain fare. With kids, fine, otherwise, I would surely skip it.

st augustine fl
Level Contributor
299 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Spanish Bakery?

The Spanish Bakery is well worth the stop. Great breads and soups and much more. If you are in the downtown area it is well worth your while to stop there. Enjoy your trip

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,764 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Spanish Bakery?

Sorry Mahoney, I have to disagree with you about this one, I think you may have lived in the "Old City" too long to enjoy the "simple" things. We LOVE the Spanish Bakery and go there a couple times on our visit. It and Denoel French Pastry Bakery are the two things that never seem to change in the city and I love that. Is it gourmet? No, but that isnt the point, it's the idea of having bread made in an old spanish oven, soup from a huge cast iron kettle, hand made "pigs in a blanket" and walking down St. George Street with that white bag, trying not to open it up for a nibble because once you do you know it will not last for the trip home. Please dont miss it and the good news if you dont like it you havent spend a ton of money, it is very inexpensive.

Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Spanish Bakery?

Agree Rusty and Jag!!! simple food lots of flavor and very little money. Sounds like a plan .... I have never left there with a bill over 13 dollars for 2 people with a drink and some sort of desert. And the history? How long has that place been there? I know myself at least 20 yrs ( I am thinking more)

Enjoy!

And tell us all about your visit

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Spanish Bakery?

They close at 3pm or earlier if the food runs out. http://www.thespanishbakery.com/about.htm

No chicken strips or burgers there.

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Spanish Bakery?

Thats weird because our time to eat is 4:30 and our choices were chicken strips, burger, chicken ceasar salad and turkey wrap. Maybe they open it just for fieldtrips? I would love to be able to try their "real" food.

Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Spanish Bakery?

That is weird so you called them and told them you where coming with your field trip?

WOW your not going to get the food they have been making their for 25 yrs ... I never saw chicken strips on the menu nor Have they been open after about 3 for me...they always run out of food and close.

Thats disappointing they would after all these years please tell me they are not changing. I want to eat there one more time in July before they change. I think I will call them from up here in NC to see whats going on :-(

Florida
Level Contributor
234 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Spanish Bakery?

The school set up the trip not me. But this is one stop and the time is for 4:30 so I don't know. And those were the only choices I got for food. I thought it was weird when I was looking at the website and it said it closed at 3. But I guess my daughters school goes every year and does this.