We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

Which St. Augustine hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Eastern Kentucky
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

Could someone please give me some reasons why St. Augustine is far more awesome than Daytona Beach, especially between Christmas and New Year?

Also, could some kind soul please toss out the names of some condo complexes that are within walking distance of the pier and New Year's Eve festivities?

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

St Augustine has a Europe feel with pretty side streets and more prettier than daytona beach because of the holiday lights in town and prettier streets it makes it much better place to live. I am very blessed to live closeby town by living at the beach i generally love St Johns county that has to offer to us.

Condos closeby the pier would be pierpoint, ocean six condominiums or ocean villas being only few miles away from the pier. Enjoy our downtown and our beaches :)))

Mehmet

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

Reason 1: Nights of Lights

Reason 2: Winter Wonderland (outdoor ice skating in Florida!)

Reason 3: North of the Pier is Anastasia state park, ie. no development, just beautiful beach

Reason 4: Fireworks at the beach on NY's eve

Reason 5: Lower crime rate

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

I couldn't have said it better Conrad nicely said buddy.

Mehmet

Eastern Kentucky
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

Thank you, gentlemen. I'd love to go ice skating! I've done it once in my life, when I was 13.

Conneaut Lake...
Level Contributor
47 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

The St. Augustine Ocean and Racquet Resort is a mile from the pier. Very nice, clean complex with reasonable rates. Three weeks 'till I'm there and I can't wait. NYE sounds awesome!

Florida
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

I live closer to Daytona beach but feel like I am on vacation when in St Augustine. It is a walking city and there are beautiful things to see everywhere. The lights are my favorite thing about Christmas in St Augustine.

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

There is also the Seaside by Anastasia condo. It's not oceanside but it's right across the road from the pier. We stayed there a few years ago as it was a newer complex and really liked it.

Eastern Kentucky
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

Thank you. We found a place to stay at the Ocean and Racquet Resort. It doesn't look like a luxury condo, by any means, but I think it'll be fine. It's not an ocean front unit, but that's okay, too. It's not like we're going to be dragging beach chairs and towels and stuff down to the beach in December, anyway.

I would like to rent some bikes, though. Where is a good place to get bikes?

Saint Augustine...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

Try Pit surf shop beach rentals on A1A Beach blvd on A Street or Big billy beach stuff on 5122 A1A S.

Mehmet

10. Re: Will someone answer these two questions for me, please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2010, 06:16