We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay...Golf village or Beach

Lakeland, FL
Level Contributor
1 post
22 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay...Golf village or Beach

We are planning a 2 night weekend trip with 3 young kids in June. We want to do one beach day and one downtown day. Some of the places in the Golf Village look really nice and reasonable, but is this to far from everything? We really like to stay oceanfront, but there doesn't seem to be much to choose from. We would really like someplace that has free breakfast. Thanks for your help.

st augustine fl
Level Contributor
299 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay...Golf village or Beach

Hi Fawncm, I would suggest you check the Hampton Inn on Vilano Beach.

It is a short walk to the ocean and a five to ten minute drive from downtown.

They offer a very nice free breakfast and have very high rating. Check the reviews.

Enjoy your stay !

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay...Golf village or Beach

Hampton Inn on Vilano is on the ocean, and free breakfast.

WGV is far away - and besides a place to stay, there is nothing there except an IMAX theatre. You will find yourself in the car going back and forth to the beach and St.Augusitne and it is 16 miles from the Old City. Especially if you have only two days, you don't want to spend it commuting.

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay...Golf village or Beach

you may also want to try the Castillo Real hotel on St. Auggie beach. I think the beach there is better and there is more to do (splash park at the pier), and more choice of restaurants (try the Purple Olive if you can!)

shrewsbury pa
Level Contributor
21 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay...Golf village or Beach

for the beach go to st augustine beach on golf village , more enjoyable. have fun

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay...Golf village or Beach

I vote for the Hampton Inn on Vilano Beach.

And I vote against World Golf Village.

Enjoy your visit,

Spirit

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay...Golf village or Beach

World Golf Village - no where'sville!

St. Augustine, FL
Level Contributor
111 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay...Golf village or Beach

LOL I live near WGV (yes, no wheres'ville!) and I agree - you probably would be better off in St. Aug beach or Vilano! WGV is great if you want to play golf, go to the spa, etc. but we're still out here in the middle of the cows :) But you should definitely come visit the Hall of Fame, play the mini golf, go to the Imax, eat at Caddyshack (have the nachos!).

Have a great trip!

Florida
Level Contributor
795 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay...Golf village or Beach

I actually like WGV...for relaxation....however with kids and wanting to go to the beach, i would def recommend staying on the beach. I have stayed at Hampton Inn on Vilano and really like it. Although I don't like Vilano beach over St. Augustine Beach. We have also stayed at Castillo Real and liked it as well.

9. Re: Where to stay...Golf village or Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2010, 06:49