We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to St. Augustine

Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to St. Augustine

Want to visit St. Augustine from northern OH but not sure what airport to use. Should we fly to Jacksonville and rent a car?We really don't want a car. Our plan is to just walk around the historic area and maybe stay at the Hilton. Is it better to fly to Orlando? Is there any bus or limo transportation to St. Augustine so we would not have to rent a car? Any information you have will be appreciated.

St. Augustine, FL
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
699 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to St. Augustine

Good morning! Most of our guests fly into Jacksonville. It's only an hour away and there is a lot less traffic. We recommend Airport Shuttle to get back and forth: http://www.airportshuttlestaugustine.com.

Some guests do come from Orlando, but they usually have done the "Disney" thing and are adding St. Augustine to their vacation. I'm not aware of any shuttles between Orlando and St. Augustine - it's a 2 hr drive - so I'd rent a car if I flew into Orlando.

The Hilton is nice...but there are many B&Bs located in the historic area with lots of friendly people to guide you during your visit...check the reviews on TripAdvisor...call a few...you'll really enjoy the experience!

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to St. Augustine

I agree, many are just as centrally located as the HIlton, with many more perks. Once you get to St. Augustine by shuttle, you won't need a car. Also the trolley (if you purchase tickets) will also take you to the beach area, lighthouse, etc.

You need to be in the historic district, however, to walk to restaurants, etc. at night because the trolley does not run at night.

here is the link to the B & B's and their reviews. I think this link is a bit difficult to find on T/A:

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34599-c2-Saint_Augus…

You will also be supporting Mom and Pop businesses, which need a little extra help with this economy.

See you soon.

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to St. Augustine

LN you used to recommend someone who operated a service between Orlando and St. Auggie, who was it?

Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to St. Augustine

Thank you so much for the information on the shuttle. It will help with our planning.

Ashtabula, Ohio
Level Contributor
151 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to St. Augustine

Thank you for all the information. I will check everything out.

6. Re: Getting to St. Augustine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 05:32
Get answers to your questions about St. Augustine