We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ponte Vedra- St Augustine

Texas Gulf Coast...
Level Contributor
275 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Ponte Vedra- St Augustine

Is there anything excting happening in the area this weekend that I may not have noticed online? No Monster Jam please. :<)

Also is it still too cold to swim now? We are renting a vacation house and so I am trying to see how much the kids can play in the water without freezing.

Thanks!

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ponte Vedra- St Augustine

Try this site for things to do when you are coming:

www.floridashistoriccoast.com/tools/search/

Yes, the water is freezing as this area has just warmed up in the last week or so. But kids, in my experience, don't even care about how cold it is. (Neither do German tourists, lol).

The sun is out about every day.........................Come and enjoy........

St. Augustine, FL
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
683 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ponte Vedra- St Augustine

Forecast for this weekend is 70's (almost 80 on Friday!) during the day and 50's at night. Our pool guy says most pool water is still in the 60's right now ...and the surf temperature is still in the 50's....but for kids playing in the shallows and then getting out and being in the sun...not horrible! Lots to do downtown...always...and do check the web site LN suggested...it's very thorough. Also oldcity.com and staugustine.com. I plan on being OUTSIDE all weekend myself!!! Enjoy!!!

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ponte Vedra- St Augustine

Personally I like the calendar at at augustine.com as they have one person whose job it is to keep it current...

4. Re: Ponte Vedra- St Augustine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 02:20