We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Boston

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Boston

Any recommendations on how to plan a three day drive from Boston to St. A? We have tentative stops in Wilmington, MD and Fayetteville, NC. Any other suggestions?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,641 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Boston

There's a place called South Of The Border ... I believe it's right as you cross from NC into SC. You can't miss it as there are huge billboards all along I-95 for miles before you come to the exit for it. Some say it's tacky but it good for a place to stretch your legs and see what they have.

Jacksonville Beach...
Level Contributor
445 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Boston

I Make the drive from DC to Jacksonville about 3x a year. Stop at a rest stop and pick up the hotel coupon books. far cheaper then AAA,etc. When you start to get tired of driving pick an exit and a hotel..I often stay in Fayettvile and lots of options. I prefer one in walking distance to the Ruby Tuesdays for a decent meal and a cocktail. Most hotels run about 50 a night. Most have some sort of free breakfast and Internet.

South of the Border is Junk! use to think it was great when I was a kid. Swear it's still the same dusty junk in the stores..JRs is kind of amusing and a great place for Cigars if anyone smokes. I don't but friends that do love the place. Also, some tacky junk as well!

If you want a decent rest try not to stay in a hotel directly next to 95.

Safe Travels

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Boston

Savannah is a wonderful city, even if you have been there before.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Boston

Richmond VA is an interesting city with some great restaurants, and you drive right through it on I-95.

Spirit

P.S. I LOVE Boston!

Edited: 15 November 2011, 04:07
Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Boston

Thanks for your advice. We wll check it all out. I also found a great website called www.I95exit guide that has every way to figure it out including lodging, tolls, alternative routes, rest stops, and good tips.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving from Boston

Thanks for your advice. We wll check it all out. I also found a great website called www.I95exit guide that has every way to figure it out including lodging, tolls, alternative routes, rest stops, and good tips.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving from Boston

Thank you for your suggestion to stop in Savannah. We did just that on our return trip north and found it the most interesting historical place. We will definitely go back again to both St. Augustine and Savannah.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving from Boston

Oh, I am so glad. Yes, it is a magical mystical place isn't it? I just love Savannah! Thanks for letting me know.

9. Re: Driving from Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:40