We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the city of st augustine

Which St. Augustine hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
the city of st augustine

St Augustine needs to "class up". You are a customer service town....no? I spend $300+/night for 7 days at this B&B to woken up every morning, some times as early as 6:30am but no later than 7:30am, by street sweepers AND garbage trucks. Do you think, st Augustine, that when I spend my hard earned pay to relax on vacation, TO SLEEP IN until, at least 8am, I am ever going to come back?

How many Hotels, B&Bs and Inn do you disturb.each and every morning? I have a smart idea and maybe this just might attract repeat business.....have your tank crew do their clean-up just an hour later, like 9am and give us tourist some sleep-in time b/c idiots, I AM NEVER COMING BACK and how many more will follow my path.....can you afford this in a dying economy? Idiots!

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the city of st augustine

Wow,have you traveled much outside of St. Augustine, or Florida, or the U.S.?

Don't ever go to Paris, joesstrummer, they not only sweep the streets there each AM, but they do something akin to a pressure wash on the streets about 5:30 AM daily. Paris needs to "class up" too, I guess, lol

P.S. There are some areas of St. Augustine city quieter than others. Sorry you had such a bad time. Perhaps the beaches area next time for you?

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the city of st augustine

Take ear plugs when you travel.

You never know when they might save the day or a night's sleep.

Edited: 16 February 2012, 21:12
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,313 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: the city of st augustine

If you live in St. A, why are you staying in a B & B!! Also joined a year ago and only two posts!! Something doesn't add up here.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the city of st augustine

LN and ahHah....I have travel the world and worked many years in customer service and as simple as 1 + 1, humans will not pay for crappy service twice...

If I travel to that region of the states again, I will go to Savannah bc their product won't disturb my sleep at 5am.

Putting one on the defense is not proactive.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the city of st augustine

Spirit Neptune!

Your comment is spot-on!

Thanks.

Steubenville, Ohio
Level Contributor
163 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: the city of st augustine

I just returned from St. Augustine. We spent three nights at the Hilton Bayfront in a Bayfront room facing the busy street. I never heard a sound. I did see the streetsweeper once around 9:00 a.m when I was having my morning coffee on the balcony. The earplugs are a great idea.

Apollo Beach...
Level Contributor
235 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: the city of st augustine

We stay at the Casa Monica, busy street side and have never been disturbed.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,681 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the city of st augustine

Also stayed at the Casa Monica and have never been woken up by anything!

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: the city of st augustine

I wouldn't pay much attention to this negative poster. Says he has "traveled the world", but if you notice, he has never posted except for St. Augustine...and all negative at that. I wouldh't pay it any attention.

Knoxville, TN
Level Contributor
334 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the city of st augustine

Oh, the injustice! You must write a song about this, Joe Strummer. I'm sure it will be a big hit with Clash fans who care about the social injustices of the world. I'm thinking a Ska tune with a good chorus - "Street Sweepers of 'Ol St. Augustine" or something like that.

Boo hoo.

Edited: 27 June 2012, 18:34
Get answers to your questions about St. Augustine