We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Augustine to Spring Hill

NJ
Level Contributor
102 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
St. Augustine to Spring Hill

We are spending a couple of days in SA in about a month. Following SA we will be driving SW to the Gulf near (spring hill). We will have several hours to find something to do along the way to the Gulf. Any interesting stops along the way or not to far out of the way? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,641 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St. Augustine to Spring Hill

You could take the route that goes through the Ocala National Forest - a very relaxing drive. Check a map of Florida to see the route - there are a few options that take in some of the Forest or more of the Forest.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,307 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St. Augustine to Spring Hill

Blue Springs State Park on the St. John's River has warm water that attracts manatees mid-November through March. There is a nice boardwalk along the river with viewing platforms built out over the water. Ranger talks are given a couple times a day. Refreshments and facilities are available. I think Blue Springs is the best place to see manatees in Florida.

Call the park before you go and ask how many manatees they have that day. (386) 775-3663

From I-95 near Daytona, you would take I-4 southwest to the Orange City area.

Blue Springs State Park is at 2100 W. French Ave,Orange City, FL 32763-9510

Spirit

NJ
Level Contributor
102 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St. Augustine to Spring Hill

Thanks for the reply I was thinking about driving through Ocala National Forest.

NJ
Level Contributor
102 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: St. Augustine to Spring Hill

Thanks Blue Springs State Park is a possibility too. I have swam with manatees in Weeki Wachee it was a very cool experience.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: St. Augustine to Spring Hill

Don't be misled, Mattha, the drive to Spring Hill is a long drive and will take

most of the day plus you will be stopping for meals, potty, etc.

You may not have as much time as you think.

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: St. Augustine to Spring Hill

silver springs is on the way, and Blue Spring is nice. Please everyone note that it's Blue Spring without an 's'. Because there is a Blue SpringS also....http://www.bluespringspark.com/ which is privately owned.

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St. Augustine to Spring Hill

I heard Silver Springs is run down and not worth seeing. Is that true? I really wanted to check it out but don't want to waste my money if not worth it.

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: St. Augustine to Spring Hill

I've never been...perhaps there are reviews on T/A?

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: St. Augustine to Spring Hill

Check out reviews on that attraction:

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34637-d10…

They say the glass bottom boats are still running and I still remember going there as a child and LOVED them. From what I have heard, if you have children it would still be a good trip; otherwise, skip it.

10. Re: St. Augustine to Spring Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:41