We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location, location ???

Which St. Augustine hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
791 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
location, location ???

Planning to visit St. Augustine for 5 days in September. Would like to stay somewhere that we can walk to retaurants in the evening. We will be using the hire car during the day for touristy things but want to have a drink at night. Where is the best area to stay for walkability to a selection of eating places ??

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,897 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: location, location ???

That's any easy question to answer. Stay in the historic area. There are plenty of points of interest, restaurants, etc. within easy walking distance.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,286 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: location, location ???

The Historic District is very compact. It's very easy to walk almost everywhere.

You've probably already looked at tripadvisor's "Saint Augustine Hotels". There is much good information in the user reviews there. If you haven't looked in there yet, click that tab on the upper left of this screen.

I like the Saint Francis B&B. It's just ever so slightly (like maybe a block) out of the heavy tourist traffic area, and I find that more to my tastes.

Enjoy your visit!

Spirit

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: location, location ???

Anywhere in Old Town will be good. We really enjoyed the St. George Inn. Right inside Old Town. Easy walk to everything.

4. Re: location, location ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2013, 05:16