We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

My Husband and I are traveling from Atlanta to Saint Augustine in a few days and have booked a stay at Beacher's Lodge on Crescent Beach. We aren't that much into the historical stuff, though we'll probably see a few sites and spend most of our time walking on the beach. We want peaceful and pretty.

Does this seem like a good choice?

We've chosen an upper unit that should have a good view. The hotel allows dogs, and I'm wondering if dogs roam freely on the beach here, and generally if this will be a pretty area.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Try to get a unit away from the pool so as to be quieter. Excellent area, but don't know about the dogs.

St. Augustine, FL
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
685 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Dogs are allowed on the beach but they must be leashed and picked up after.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Thank you, that is great to hear that the dogs must be on leashes!

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Yes, good point about being away from the pool; I did request that : )

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Don't count on the dogs being leashed, however. I seem to encounter dogs with owners, but running free and unfortunately they don't even pick up after the dog's messes.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Just saw this and am wondering how the price compares to what you are planning to pay.

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g34600-…

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Hi LN, AAArgh, unleashed dogs! That is a bummer. I'd better pack the tazer ; ) ha! We'll hope for the best, and let you know how it turns out.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Vic, that looks like a pretty sweet deal you found. I'm tempted to switch to that, but feel a little uneasy with some reports I'm reading about Vacation Rental Pros. They may be fine, but for my peace of mind, I'm going to stick with what I have. Plus our room has a pillow top mattress, which may be worth the extra cash.

Thanks for looking out for me! I should have asked questions on here sooner!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,847 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Beachers Lodge is right next door to a public parking lot with beach access, so the beach in that area may not be as quiet as other condominiums which only have private beach access. The condominiums further towards the southern end of the island (Crescent Sandpiper, Coquina, Sand Dollar, Four Winds, Spyglass etc) would be within walking distance of the inlet which is a bird sanctuary, and there is also a board walk through a small nature reserve.

Having said that, Beachers Lodge has its plus points - the units look very nice and the views will be very good in both directions.

On the other side of the public parking lot is the South Beach Grill restaurant and on the opposite side of the street there's a Kangaroo store.

Chattanooga...
Level Contributor
67 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Beacher's Lodge a good choice for a couple for relaxing?

Thank you, I didn't know about the bird sanctuary or the nature center. How cool! It's too late to change my reservations this time, but next time I'm going to scour the map before making the reservation.

Trying to figure out about the private beach access had puzzled me. I'm sure we'll have a great time anyway, and this has been a great way to learn more about the area! Everyone has been super helpful! Thanks!

Get answers to your questions about St. Augustine