We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motel/Hotel suggestions on Rt 16?

Which St. Augustine hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Motel/Hotel suggestions on Rt 16?

We are staying at a condo by Rt 16 and Stratton Blvd and need a suggestion close by for family that are coming to visit us.

Thank you!

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,245 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motel/Hotel suggestions on Rt 16?

Hi c.a.

I don't think there is anything closer than a half mile or more from that intersection, and that would be west around Interstate 95. Very uninteresting area to stay in. Since you would be driving to get to each other's place anyway, I suggest you make the drive worthwhile for them and have them stay in the Historic District of Saint Augustine. All the driving y'all will be doing to do or see things will be to or through Saint Augustine anyway.

This will take you to TripAdvisor's hotel page for Saint Augustine: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34599-Saint_Augustin…

Pick up some books to read about Saint Augustine and area while you are here, novels, non fiction, mysteries, etc: tripadvisor.com/…27126147

You might think about getting an Entertainment Book (or two) for Jacksonville which has the Saint Augustine coupons in it. The books are selling at reduced price now. Using the Old Town Trolley Tour coupon more than pays for the book.

entertainment-savings-offers.com/jacksonvill…

Here's a different web site with a different Entertainment book deal (which many not be a deal). Read the fine print on this one!

…entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml

Have fun!

Spirit

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motel/Hotel suggestions on Rt 16?

Agree with Spirit. There's a Fairfield Inn, a La Quinta, and a Holiday Inn Express all right there. If you drive to the next exit north on 95 (about 5 miles), you have a Renaissance Resort at World Golf Village or a Comfort Suites next to the Interstate. But by the time you do that you might take a look at something back in St. Augustine.

By the way, if you want a unique dining experience, try this place. Just be warned it is mostly open air - wear OLD clothes:

http://www.outbackcrabshack.com/

Chicago Suburbs
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motel/Hotel suggestions on Rt 16?

Thanks to the both of you! There may not be much by the condo but we are staying there free--can't beat that!

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motel/Hotel suggestions on Rt 16?

Don't know if you are in to outlets but you are right there at two large centers. As stated earlier, you are five miles (right up 95) away from World Golf Village and the World Golf Hall of Fame. In about 15 minutes you can be in downtown St. Augustine. I don't think that's bad.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motel/Hotel suggestions on Rt 16?

There's also a Courtyard by Marriott that's relatively new.

St Augustine
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Motel/Hotel suggestions on Rt 16?

If you can, book the Fairfield by Marriot or the Marriot Courtyard. I live in St. Aug and these two are the best of what's over on SR 16.

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Motel/Hotel suggestions on Rt 16?

I agree with the Yokel, however I more strongly agree with Spirit. Have them stay downtown, that way they're in the heart of everything and you can go back to their room to cool down if needed!

8. Re: Motel/Hotel suggestions on Rt 16?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Augustine