We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it worth a visit

Dundalk, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
is it worth a visit

hi there i am paul and i live in ireland i will be staying in villa in davenport on us27 was wondering is it worth visiting saint augustine what would you recommend we should see and how long would it take to drive up

Paul

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,694 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it worth a visit

" was wondering is it worth visiting saint augustine"

Of course it is!

"what would you recommend we should see"

First, go to the St. Augustine forum and ask there. tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g34599-i346-Saint_…

You can also go to the top of the page (under the owl) and click on "St. Austine". Go down to "Things to Do in St. Augustine".

"and how long would it take to drive up "

From Davenport, maybe 2½ hours.

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
16,694 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it worth a visit

"First, go to the St. Augustine forum and ask there."

Oops. Disregard that You ARE on the St. Augustine forum.

Dublin
Level Contributor
127 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it worth a visit

Fellow irish person here :) . Defo visit . I've been there but it was about 15 years ago . I'm going to orlando with my family this year and I'm so excited about taking a two day trip to augustine ,

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,343 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it worth a visit

Hi Paul,

There is a wide variety of things to do in St. Augustine. As far as the Historic District goes, suggest you take a trolley tour as soon as you arrive. It gives you a good overview of what is in the old city and ties it all together with descriptive, historic narrative. Go all the way around once before getting off to see more of things you are interested in. Tickets are good for three days. And you can park free at the trolley office.

Enjoy your visit!

Spirit

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
804 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is it worth a visit

Definitely worth the visit. Lots of restaurants, historical sites, shopping and scenery. I have vacationed in the area almost annually since 1986 and still find things I have yet to see and do. I would start with the obvious which is the old town and the fort. You can do this on your own or take one of the offered tours. www.oldcity.com is a good web site to visit for info too.

6. Re: is it worth a visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about St. Augustine