We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st Augustin or key west in oct?

Which St. Augustine hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massillon, Ohio
Level Contributor
118 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
st Augustin or key west in oct?

Wanted to get away for a long weekend and thought about these to places. Been to key west before and had fun. Love the history. Which one would you pick

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,684 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: st Augustin or key west in oct?

This really depends on what you are looking for. Both places have history, but St. Augustine has more. Also, why not try some place new (St. Augustine) for the experience?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,349 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: st Augustin or key west in oct?

Timing is important, Fantasy Fest is the last week in Oct. So unless you're there for that I suggest St Aug.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,154 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: st Augustin or key west in oct?

We have been to St Augustine a few times in early October and had lovely hot weather. There is masses to see and do.

Neptune Beach, FL
Level Contributor
3,259 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: st Augustin or key west in oct?

St. Augustine is easier, quicker, and cheaper to get to, and has more to do.

Florida
Level Contributor
100 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: st Augustin or key west in oct?

I love both places but they have totally different vibes. St Aug is more conservative, family friendly and not the anything goes culture of Key West. As previously mentioned, you've been to Key West so why not try something new. Plus St Augustine history, restaurants, and beaches beat Key West, hands down IMHO. One more thing - October is the height of hurricane season and Key West is the last place you want to be if that happens. Happened to me and it wasn't fun.

st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: st Augustin or key west in oct?

Weather here in St. Auggie is awesome. It should be dry and warm, it'll still be hot and muggy in Key West. But it all depends on what floats your boat!

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
435 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: st Augustin or key west in oct?

I vote for St Augustine!

8. Re: st Augustin or key west in oct?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Augustine