We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay on Vilano Bch or St. Augustine Bch?

Which St. Augustine hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jc tenn
Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stay on Vilano Bch or St. Augustine Bch?

Looking to rent a house. I see a nice one in each location. Is Vilano beach a nicer beach? I think St. Augustine Beach would be more convenient to restaurants, etc., correct?

Thanks,

KC

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
15,900 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay on Vilano Bch or St. Augustine Bch?

". Is Vilano beach a nicer beach?

It is O.K.

I think St. Augustine Beach would be more convenient to restaurants, etc., correct?"

Yes, you are correct.

St. Augustine...
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay on Vilano Bch or St. Augustine Bch?

We go to all the beaches and like Crescent the best.

Vilano is our least favorite because the sand is gritty filled with crushed shells and the rip current is usually bad. St Augustine beach is nice and is near the restaurants.

Salt Life is the new restaurant and we just ate there, the food was good but the wait is long. Get your name in and ask for a text when your table is ready. Have fun!

Florida
Level Contributor
100 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay on Vilano Bch or St. Augustine Bch?

It depends on your priorities. I prefer Vilano because it has more of a small, beach town vibe. There are fewer restaurants, but two of my favorite waterfront restaurants are in Vilano.. It is also closer to the historic district. St augustine beach has a wider selection of restaurants, but it is busier with heavy traffic on A1A. You also may want to find out if the rental is on a driving beach, if that is important to you. Driving will make the beach busier, especially on the weekend, and could be a safety issue if you're vacationing with children. Yes, the actual sand is slightly nicer on St Augustine beach, if that is a priority for you,

4. Re: Stay on Vilano Bch or St. Augustine Bch?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2015, 07:16