We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanfront Hotel with Balcony

Matawan, New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Oceanfront Hotel with Balcony

My wife and I are headed to st Augustine for a wedding in September. We will be staying at Hilton garden inn for a few days, but would like to find a hotel that is directly on the beach for the second half of our trip. We will have our 1 year old son with us, so being directly on the beach will make everything a little easier.

We fly out of at Augustine airport and I don't mind driving up to 30-45 minutes to find a great hotel on the beach. Cheap is good, but I would entertain spending up to $200 per night (weekdays) for the right place. Thanks for any and all suggestions!

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
17,443 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanfront Hotel with Balcony

Beacher's Lodge is direct oceanfront and the units have balconies. http://www.beacherslodge.com/

Get a 3rd or 4th floor "King" unit for best ocean views. After Labor Day, they should have some specials, so be sure to ask about them.

St. Augustine...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanfront Hotel with Balcony

You might want to consider renting a condominium on the beach instead of a hotel. St Augustine Ocean and Racquet Resort has 2BR/2BA condos on the beach for less than $200/night. They come fully equipped with washer/dryer, kitchen, etc. They are located 1.5 miles south of the St Augustine Pier and about 10 minutes from downtown. You can check them out at www.oceanandracquet.com.

Disclaimer: I'm an owner of a unit in the complex, but regardless, I think it would fit your needs perfectly.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,328 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanfront Hotel with Balcony

If you are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in St. Augustine Beach I would recommend switching to the Hampton Inn across the street. It is oceanfront and offers rooms with balconies. It is also a much nicer hotel.

4. Re: Oceanfront Hotel with Balcony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Augustine