We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches and campground

MOnticello
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
beaches and campground

Has anyone been to this beach and the campground?

I am looking for a beach that is not so "busy".

One that you can rest or travel a few miles to get good food and some nitelife. Thanks!

St. George Island
Level Contributor
528 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches and campground

We'll SGI fits 3 out of the 4. SGI Beaches are not busy, a great place to kick back and relax, travel a few miles maybe over to Apalachicola for food, but there really is not alot of nitelife, and that is the beauty of SGI. Read thru some of the posts and you'll "Get the Picture". Go Dawgs!! :)

MOnticello
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches and campground

Thanks :) We just came back from Jekyll Island and loved not having to fight traffic, lines of people at restaurants. i will definitely look at posts.

The beaches were almost bare but the water was not the kind i would really like to get in to really swim. wading was ok, but the water was really sandy and brown!

Yep, Dawgs are no.1. thanks again.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches and campground

The St George State park is not stricly on the beach, there is a sand dune then parking lot then road then the campground, so easily biked but hauling all the beach crap can be an issue. Campsites were nice but because of the sand dune there is not a lot of Gulf breeze so in the summer campground is hot. Also mosquitos are everywhere.

MOnticello
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches and campground

Thanks for the information.

I am just trying to find a place to go that is nice.

WE camp a lot in Myrtle Beach and the bugs are not an issue! It can get really crowded at times and would like to find a place that is not so crowded. Any other suggestions? thanks bunches!

chattanooga
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches and campground

I have friends who love Port St. Joe which is just west of Apalachicola and they say the park there is great.

MOnticello
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: beaches and campground

7. Re: beaches and campground

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 12:20
Get answers to your questions about St. George Island