We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in the Park

1 post
Save Topic
Camping in the Park

Anyone out there with advice on camping in the State Park. Would like to come down in the spring and camp. Advice on the quality of fishing from the bank, etc.

Alabama
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping in the Park

i would like to view state park info. can you give me a web site.

i have been to St,G in march it was wonderful but we were not camping. thanks

Tallahassee
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping in the Park

I have never camped there but love the park. It is beautiful. Maybe the following web sites will help:

floridastateparks.org/stgeorgeisland/default…

funandsun.com/parks/…stgeorgeisland.html

www.baynavigator.com/StatePark/sgispark.cfm

valdosta, ga
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Camping in the Park

I have camped there numerous times. It is always lovely but bring lots of insect spray just in case you need it. Remember to arrive before dark to check in. you can bring your own firewood or purchase small bundles there. the closest grocery store is off the island in Appalacicola. Great bike trails also.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camping in the Park

We camped there once in july of '01 and it was hot and buggy. We brought bikes and rode to the beach. You can take dogs to the camping but not the park, but go just outside the park and you can have dogs on St George Isl beach. Bugs lots of bugs very natural though no buildings miles of beach. It would be quite a walk to go shore fishing or a ride around to fish in the bay. (the camp sites I cannot rember but seemed not on any water)

Get answers to your questions about St. George Island