We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sirata or Grand Plaza??

Pa.
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Sirata or Grand Plaza??

Help! Don't know for sure which one I'd like to stay at. Been to that area before but stayed at the Island Grand. Anyone ever stayed in the beach front rooms at the Sirata. The building if I can remember sits right in the sand which is where there ocean front rooms are. I do know that these two resorts are side-by-side. Walked through the Grand when it was the old Holiday Inn. Any input would be great to help me make up my mind!!!!

Florida
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sirata or Grand Plaza??

The Sirata seems to be more recently rennovated. They have three pools, two beach bars ,fresh paint and well maintained. The old Holiday Inn seems to be stuck in the 60's, it hasent changed much since then. I would choose the Sirata.

Severn, Maryland
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sirata or Grand Plaza??

Just returned from Sirata last month and stayed in the beachfront room you were inquiring about. I would recommend getting the 2nd floor direct oceanfront because the 1st floor has people walking by all the time and restricts your privacy. Be warned, you may find the sitting chairs abit old, and the bathroom is incredibly small, but the bed and the other furnishings were fine. The staff was great and we just loved the location coz we could walk pretty much to the other cool resorts. We liked the beach bar at the Grand, and spent some time over at the Tradewinds (on the other side) as well. We got 3 resorts for 1!

3. Re: Sirata or Grand Plaza??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 09:20