We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

Does anyone know the name of the condo building at the very southern tip of Pass-a-Grille? It's L-shaped and visable on Google's map. It appears to have a pool and private (?) beach.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

I am pretty sure it's this one:

Island's End Resort

1 Pass-a-Grille Way

St. Pete Beach, FL 33706

727-360-5023

http://www.islandsend.com

OO
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
727 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

That's it. It's very hard to see from the road so I can't tell much about the condition, but have a friend who has stayed there and really enjoyed it.

Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

Yes, it has some good reviews on here and whenever I pass it the sign says "No vacancies" so it looks popular.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

While Island's End Resort is at the very bottom of Pass-A-Grille, I believe it is a collection of one story cottages.

As I recall, the L-shaped condo building (west of Island's End) is named Point Pass-A-Grille.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

gm6pub -- That's it! Now, I just have to find units available for vacation rental. Thanks a ton!

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,512 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

also try the Camelot by the sea ...it was closed for awhile....but has re-opened!!!

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

mlr425-- I'm having trouble finding any info. on Camelot by the Sea, only info. on their tax non-payment problems. Do you know if this has been settled and reopened?

up north
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

Make sure you ask about the undertow there. I am not sure you can swim because of danger.

London, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

no you cant swim there...my son almost drowned! I know the condos you mean but I am not sure if the rent them out. I enquired at Sabal Palms just along the road and that was reasonable.

Islands end is gorgeous , but you cant swim there!

There are several strong currents between the intercoastal and the gulf. If you want to swim in the sea you might be better off staying further along

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Condo building at tip of Pass-a-Grille

Wow! Thanks for the advice. I've visited St. Pete Beach many times, and have visited Pass-a-Grille for dinner and drinks, and always loved the look and feel of it. Sure didn't know about the currents. That's a shame, because the beach there is gorgeous.

Get answers to your questions about St. Pete Beach