We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather?

Palmer, Alaska
5 posts
Save Topic
Weather?

I will be going to the Tampa/St.Pete area, from June 23-30, and I had some questions about the weather. On weather.com, it says that there will be thunderstorms everyday. I am aware that there are frequently afternoon thunderstorms in Florida, but will they ruin our day? Generally in summer, is the morning/early afternoon thunderstorm free? I know it'll be hot and humid, I'm just hoping that while we're there there won't be thunderstorms all day long everyday.

Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Florida
Florida
United States
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather?

The weather will ruin your day only if you let it.

It is doubtful that it will rain all day except if a tropical disturbance or tropical storm is nearby.

Question: "Generally in summer, is the morning/early afternoon thunderstorm free?"

Answer: Generally, it depends where you are regarding the timing of the showers and the sea breezes. It can go either way - morning and/or afternoon - depends on where you are.

St. John's, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather?

If it starts to rain, go inside and have a sandwich and a beer - then go back out into the sunshine. I've never seems to "sock in" for hours. June is my favorite time in Florida....

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Get answers to your questions about St. Pete Beach