We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide!

Grass Lake, Michigan
Level Contributor
152 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Help me decide!

I am leaving soon and I need to decide....Stay at the Don Cesar in St. Pete or the Ritz in Sarasota. Ist a really tough choice.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me decide!

Both are lovely places!

I think the biggest difference is that the Don is located directly on the Beach, while the Ritz has a shuttle to a beach club. If enjoying the beach is a main focus of your trip, then I would definitely suggest the Don. It is so nice to be able to head back to your own room at will without jumping on a shuttle.

And it's nice to be able to catch a sunset over the Gulf without having to plan ahead!

If, however, your plans are more about shopping, touring, etc., then the Ritz would be a wonderful choice.

I hope this helps a little. Good luck deciding :-)

Grass Lake, Michigan
Level Contributor
152 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me decide!

That is an EXCELLENT point to take into consideration. Thank You! DH is voting for the Ritz as it is his favorite hotel and he loves staying club level. I am voting for the Don, I have always wanted to stay there and the pool and the beach just look so wonderful.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me decide!

I don't see how you can go wrong! Have a wonderful trip whichever you choose. Do let us know how it goes :)

West Kilbride...
Level Contributor
972 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me decide!

We booked Don 3 years ago, I was super excited about staying there. Was really disappointed in the size of the room, and the insects!!!!! Hotel was fully booked, so they moved us along the road to their condo complex. Whilst it was ok, but it was stuck in the 1980's. So in reply to your post personally I would choose the Ritz.

5. Re: Help me decide!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2010, 07:16