We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

We will be at Pass-A-Grill for a few days next week and wondered if skating was allowed on the sidewalk or safe on the street along the beach? Also how far would I be able to skate heading north from that point without dealing with traffic? Can I access Pinellas Trail from taking the beach trolley to a certain point. Thanks alot for the information!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

The Trial is on the mainland. I don't think you would want to skate from Pass-a-Grille to the Pinellas Trial.

pinellascounty.org/trailgd/PDF/Locator.pdf

http://www.pinellascounty.org/trailgd/

In my opinion, you will not have much distance from the southern most point on Pass-a-Grille along the beach road (Gulf Way). Why don't you pull up a Google maps of Pass-a-Grille and look at the distance, I doubt that it is even a mile in length.

Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

Thank you for the info. I'll plan on going to Pinellas and maybe Ft.Desoto.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

I'm quite sure you could skate the whole loop of Pass-a-Grille (Gulf Way to 20th Ave , Pass-a-Grille Way to 1st Ave) in very short time, but it is a very scenic ride. Anything north of there is quite congested.

Fort DeSoto's bike paths would be a great place to skate. No car traffic, and never crowded.

As Donna said, the Pinellas Trail is on the mainland, and the Beach Trolley stays strictly on the islands, so they don't intersect. The closest Trail access from P-a-G, by way of public transportation, would be to take the Trolley to Gulf Blvd and 75th Ave in St Pete Beach. Then take a St Petersburg city bus to the intersection of Pasadena Ave and 1st Ave South. There is a ramp to enter/exit the Trail at this intersection. Head north/west along the Trail from here, rather than south, as heading south will take you through some less-than-desirable neighborhoods.

www.psta.net for bus routes

It is stll Very hot and humid here, so you might want to plan to skate early in the morning. Have fun :-)

Edited: 13 September 2010, 12:58
Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

Thank you so much for the details!! Michigan is feeling like Autumn so we will be looking forward to extending our summer in Pass-A-Grille (our first time in the area).

philadelphia, pa
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

Maya-

Wondering if you know of any discount tickets for Busch Gardens. We live near Six Flags and our diet coke cans will offer buy one get one free tickets. Have you seen anything like that? The only discounts I have seen on line was for a two day pass and we only want to go one day.

Thanks,

Lainey

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

Hygienist, you will most certainly feel like you've returned to Summer! Welcome to SPB, and please do let us know how things went after your trip :-)

Lainey, the only discounts that I know of for BG are for AAA members, and for Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Visa cardholders. You might want to try posting a new thread in the Tampa forum, as others might have additional info for you. Good luck!

Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

We came home today from our first trip to the SPB area and had a great time swimming in the golf,inline skated Ft.Desoto although I would bike it next time since the surface is quite coarse. We biked the pinellas trail for about 10 miles rt 20, learned it would be more picturesque from Dunedin and north from there but the path was awesome! smooth!

Pass-A-Grille is a great place to relax and I did skate up and down the streets with no problems with traffic! Just hated to leave the summer weather.

Thank you for all of the helpful information!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

Thanks for giving a report on how your trip turned-out.

Midwest
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

Can you tell us where you stayed and how you liked it? I love Pass-a-Grille, but I've never stayed there. We always stay up in St. Pete Beach or north of Madeira Beach. I'd like to stay in Pass-a-Grille next year. Thanks.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Inline skating from Pass-A-Grille

Glad you had fun! Thanks for the TR :-)