We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Midland, Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

About how much does it cost to take a taxi from Tampa International to St. Pete Beach. We are staying at the Beachcomber. Any suggestions?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

A taxi costs around $60 - 65. If you decide to use a taxi, I suggest making advance reservations with Bat's Taxi. Very reliable.

You might want to consider SuperShuttle. It is a shared-ride van service. The cost is $25 for the first passenger, then half price for each additional passenger heading to the same address. Also very reliable.

www.supershuttle.com

www.batstaxi.com

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

I can tell you Bats charge $65 dollars for pick up from Tampa airport with the return journey coming in a little cheaper.

If you decide to use them they are very reliable and will meet you at the baggage carousel

Boston
Level Contributor
57 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

Yes, another plug for Bat's here. For $65 you get a driver who greets you at baggage claim with a sign (makes you feel like a VIP!), and your ride is in a Town Car -- nicer than a standard cab. You may get a van if you have a larger party, though. The ride back to Tampa was $56 from the Sirata.

Edited: 26 April 2011, 14:11
Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

I usually rent a car but did use Super Shuttles services last year and a most positive experience both ways,

blondie **

Midland, Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

Thanks everyone for the tips! I'm really looking forward to my trip tomorrow :)

lakewood, colorado
Level Contributor
496 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

Lucky you Bishop! Enjoy your trip!

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

Where does the super shuttle pick up at TPA .

My son is visiting in June and is thinking of using it.

Thanks in advance

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

From the baggage carousels, facing out toward the street, walk left and exit the building through the doors at the end of the terminal (I believe the signs say "Ground Transportation".) To the left, there is a booth with a SuperShuttle sign.

The booth is generally manned, but there is also a self-service kiosk. If he already has a reservation (recommended), he can just enter his name or res number, and he will be given a boarding pass with a number on it. There is a waiting area (inside, air-conditioned) just a few steps straight ahead. Everything is clearly marked.

When a SuperShuttle van pulls up, the driver will call a boarding number, depending on where that particular van is headed. My longest wait for a van was 22 minutes, shortest about 1 minute, average 5-10 minutes.

Clive, y'all are still here, aren't you? What a spectacular stretch of weather you've had this trip!

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
895 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

We have had tremendous weather.

Kinda makes up for our Christmas visit.

Unfortunately leaving 1st thing to morrow probably before 8am.

Just going now to Dolphin Beach Tiki bar for our last supper and a few drinks with my old mate Ken the bar tender.

As we have came early this year we have reservations for Spain this summer, hopefully normal service will be resumed next year.

Thanks again for all your help Maya

10. Re: Taxi fares from Tampa Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 08:19