We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
366 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel

I read the reviews and decided to book at Postcard Inn because most of the negative reviews were from people that didn't like the atmosphere (partying) with their kids. We are visiting Oct. 20 with another couple and are looking forward to "fun" without our kids. I did notice that there were people that responded to the forum specifically saying they wouldn't stay at PCI because people are "scary". Can someone that has been there give me an idea of what would be scary. I was not impressed w/ reviews of other properties (Sirata, Plaza, TW Sandpiper).

Mentioned in this post
Sirata Beach Resort
Sirata Beach Resort
4,640 Reviews
St. Pete Beach, FL
Sunset Inn & Cottages
Sunset Inn & Cottages
#1 of 47 hotels in Treasure Island
Inn on the Beach
Inn on the Beach
#1 of 32 hotels in St. Pete Beach
Coconut Inn
Coconut Inn
#3 of 32 hotels in St. Pete Beach
New Jersey
Level Contributor
399 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel

a coiple of years ago i stayed next door at the Beachcomer, which is a much nicer property and they have Jimmy B's beach bar with live music every day you can also set your air conditioner to your likeing which you can't do at Postcard

Mentioned in this post
Jimmy B's Beach Bar
Jimmy B's Beach Bar
1,714 Reviews
St. Pete Beach, FL
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
366 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel

You can't set the air conditioner? Can you have them change the temp?

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,444 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel

I stayed at the Beachcomber this past February, which is right next door to the Postcard Inn. I never anything "scary". I even talked to some people who were staying there. They said it was alright. I did eat at their BBQ restaurant, and the food was very good. The lobby is very retro, you feel like you went back 30-40 years!!

I did notice that they have some outside rooms, meaning their rooms face the parking lot (you access your room from outside like a motel). Not the best of views, but those rooms are probably cheaper (I hope so anyway).

Mentioned in this post
The Beachcomber
The Beachcomber
181 Reviews
Nokomis, FL
SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel

I agree with rmia with regards to the Beachcomber being a nicer resort, while still having a party feel.

I have never seen anyone I would consider "scary" around the Postcard Inn. The PCI Beach Bar does attract a fair amount of bikers....perhaps the opinion came from someone who has lived a rather sheltered life.

Mentioned in this post
The Beachcomber
The Beachcomber
181 Reviews
Nokomis, FL
5. Re: Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 07:15