We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in April 2012- Passe a Grille v Treasure Island

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield
Level Contributor
18 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in April 2012- Passe a Grille v Treasure Island

I am getting married in the St Pete's area on 24th April 2012. Flights/hotel etc booked, we are staying at the Sirata. I have booked my wedding through a planner but need to decide on a location between the above and would like some recommendations on location and time of day- early morning or late afternoon. In total we will have 10 guests, inc our own 4 year old son. I am also looking (depending on time of day) to have either brunch or dinner in a nice BUT family friendly type restaurant on the way back from the ceremony. All suggestions welcome.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in April 2012- Passe a Grille v Treasure Island

Personally, I would definately suggest Pass-A-Grille over Treasure Island, as I think the unique atmosphere of PAG is somewhat more conduisive to a wedding. Maybe more romatic. I understand they have an (unofficial) bell-ringing ceremony at sunset, but not sure what days that happens. Skidders restaurant, in the 5800 Block of SPB (just north of the Sirata), is a nice family friendly restaurant. Nothing fancy, but good quality food and friendly service, and reasonable prices. There will be something on the menu for everyone. I might suggest, for a party of 10, that you reserve a table in their (enclosed) patio. You'll have a bit more privacy. I think the restaurant has a website. I'll try to find a menu and post the link.

Edited: 30 September 2011, 20:52
St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in April 2012- Passe a Grille v Treasure Island

Treasure Island has a more tropical island flavor than PAG. In my opinion, (I see both Beaches everday); PAG has become somewhat more dreary a place and does not have a the edgy happy/good times that seem abundant at the Sunset Beach Park area of TI. The quality of food and service in the southern PAG area seems to me to be less consistant than other areas north of it.

One should have a look at Sunset Beach in TI as a wonderful backdrop for a tropical-beach themed wedding.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in April 2012- Passe a Grille v Treasure Island

I have to agree with Tutman and weigh in on the side of Pass-a-Grille. I think it is a lovely, appealing place for a wedding. We spent a fair amount of time on the beach there this weekend (and saw a wedding being set up!), and it is lovely as ever. Have you looked at this website? www.visitpassagrille.com Lots of pictures, so you can see for yourself.

I hardly ever see an early morning wedding on the beach, but I think it's a beautiful time for one. Temps are cooler (but in late April, will still be plenty warm), and fewer people are around. But one thing to consider is your pictures. In the morning, pictures taken with the Gulf in the background will have you looking into the sun.

Congratulations on your wedding :-)

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in April 2012- Passe a Grille v Treasure Island

I would choose Pass -a - Grille as well but Maya does have a point on the picture taking !! Congrats too you by the way,

blondie *

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in April 2012- Passe a Grille v Treasure Island

i renewed my vows on the beach in back of the bilmar, just before sunset, really nice, plenty of people standing watching, and when we walked into sloppy joe,s for a glass of bubbly, a massive round of applause!!!! ahhhh memories........

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in April 2012- Passe a Grille v Treasure Island

We just stayed at the Sirata. They have a lovely deck that overlooks the beach. We saw a beautiful wedding on the deck. Skidder's restaurant is a 10 minute walk from it.

7. Re: Wedding in April 2012- Passe a Grille v Treasure Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 21:17