We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stupid question

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
365 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
stupid question

Hi, why are there two different forums - one for saitn Pete Beach and one for St Petersburgs? are they quite far from one another? I am going in April - i guess i need to look at a map.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stupid question

They are next to each other, but they are not just two different parts of the same city, they are totally separate cities.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,010 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: stupid question

Lori you'll many city pairs like that in Florida. Clearwater Beach is not simply the beach off the city of Clearwater but an entirely seperate area. Same for Miami and Miami Beach, Ft. Myers and Ft. Myers Beach, to name a few.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stupid question

That is a confusing thing about Florida to people who are not familiar with it. There are the same names of cities and beaches that are actually two completely separate places. Such as Miami and Miami Beach, Bradenton and Bradenton Beach, Ft. Myers and Ft. Myers Beach, etc. etc.

It is because the beaches are on barrier islands and the cities with the same name are inland.

When we went to Clearwater Beach a few years ago, we drove all around Clearwater until I thought I was crazy....finally stopped and asked someone who must have also thought I was crazy, and they explained where the beach was.

So it is not a stupid question at all!

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stupid question

HA HA AhHah, great minds think alike.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stupid question

There is nothing confusing about our island name at all. Its called St. Pete Beach cuz there is only one guy named Pete who lives here.

It is easy to find, put your bathing suit on and just drive toward the setting sun until you hit white beach sand, don't worry about the breaks on the rental car, the gentle rolling surf will tell you that you have arrived as it welcomes you through the open windows of the car, and voila! you have arrived in true style without a map or GPS!

Yup, beach seeker 1, rental car 0

This place is just like Nova Scotia from what I've seen, we also have three guys named Ricki, Julien and Bubbles.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stupid question

Here on TripAdvisor, there is a St. Petersburg and a Saint Pete Beach. These two places are indeed two separate cities with different local governments. However, there is only one listing for Clearwater, because the beach and the mainland are the same city.

If you care to read more about it check this web site:

www.pinellascounty.org/Municipalities.htm

Goodness, do people plan to go somewhere without looking at a map first !?!?

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: stupid question

bubbles, ricki and julien lol

are you able to get that show on any of your cable networks down there FloridaGulf ?

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: stupid question

Randy RaNdY RANDY!! listen to your walkie

Negative, it is not broadcast here. I note that there is a BELL EXPRESSVU sat dish hanging on a palm tree near my house...don't know how it got there, don't know what its hooked up to..but if you ever need to watch some HNIC, or some Peter Mansbridge or other stuff, I might be able to hook you up. FYI, I dated Wendy back in the old days before she jumped on his wagon.

(On a fairly serious note, I actually saw Stephen Harper and his family at a mall in North county about 4 years ago. Just shopping, no one knew who they were. He did return the big grin I gave him when I passed by)

TPB are aired at my house and place of employment, (a boatyard) using 20 precious DVD's of all 7 seasons and 3 movies and Christmas special. Hand carried during the course of 5 trips to YYZ. I know its Florida, but we are still culturally astute, right?

over and out

Mr. Layhee.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: stupid question

Oh, ya and BTW, it hurt my feelings when you three met up a while ago in PAG and never invited me.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: stupid question

Who is "you three"?

IDo you mean porelly, Maya58 and blondie091?

Porelly and Maya are not even in this thread.

Edited: 12 January 2012, 22:30