We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report April 7 - 14 Amazing time!!

Aitkin, Minnesota
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report April 7 - 14 Amazing time!!

Since I found this site so helpful in planning our trip to St. Pete, I thought I would give a trip report of why we loved the area so much.

We had 2 families traveling together a total of 4 boys age 10 – 13 and a 15 girl. We rented a house near the Corey Ave area. The neighborhood was a little hit and miss, just vast difference in people, but what we really loved was the ability to walk to 4 different restaurants/bars within minutes. Woody's and the Daiquiri Shak are a must stop, also the Sloppy Pelican and the Oyster Shucker. Great atmosphere along with great food and drinks!

At the beach we typically stayed by the north end. The crowd was small and our boys were able to play football on the beach without trampling anyone. (I hope they didn’t). We did walk down one day to take in parasailing and that was great too, as we watched and waited for the kids, we were provided a cabana to sit in – that was a nice touch. I forget the name, but they sell out of the pink huts. The employees were very nice and professional people. I ran down the beach a couple of mornings and it was beautiful and perfect for running after the tide went down. I am so missing it now!!

We drove up to Clearwater one day for a change of pace, beautiful drive and beautiful beach, but way too crowded for more than a day’s visit. Another reason we are glad we choose St. Pete. The kids loved fishing near Woody’s too and down by Pass-a-Grille off of the docks. What a need little area that is! We had breakfast at place that I can’t remember the name that was all open to outside, but it had great service, food and was so cheap.

I really loved the area for the beach, shopping, dining and the safety factor too. Traveling with kids can be stressful, but it was a great vacation and the weather was just beautiful too, 85 and sunny every day. We couldn’t have asked for a better vacation. I hope to return again in the future.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
645 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report April 7 - 14 Amazing time!!

So glad you enjoyed your vacation - we love st pete too - and cant wait to return in just under 2 weeks!

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report April 7 - 14 Amazing time!!

Glad you had such a great time. Woody's is a favorite of ours too. Love Pass-a-Grill. Maybe you ate at Paradise Grill on the beach? Sounds like you hit some wonderful areas.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report April 7 - 14 Amazing time!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a Trip Report! Glad you enjoyed your time here :-)

4. Re: Trip Report April 7 - 14 Amazing time!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Pete Beach