We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

Northern Burbs of...
Level Contributor
212 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

I have never been to this area in FL and I have been reading a ton of reviews. A friend of mine went and stayed at Sunset Vistas in Treasure Island and loved it. Then I came across reviews for Tradewinds and they seem great and location seems good but kind of pricy. I am going to this area for a couple of nights and other areas in FL for a week long trip to celebrate a big bday. I want the place I stay at in this area to be close to some fun tiki bars and good restaurants and have a nice view of the beach with a balcony if it's a condo. I do not want to have any issues with parking. What do you recommend? I am overwhelmed with so many choices. I will be visiting in September. Thanks

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

For beachfront, great tiki bars (both on premises and very nearby), and easy free parking, check out the Beachcomber on St Pete Beach. Reasonably priced, lovely pool area, and home to Jimmy B's, recently voted FL's Best Beach Bar.

www.beachcomberflorida.com

www.floridabeachbar.com

Do note that not all rooms are beachview - some are poolview, so you will have to specify.

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
926 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

Gulf Gate Resort has individual parking is right on the beach and within easy walking distance to bars and restaurants, You will not be disappointed

http://www.gulfgateresort.com/

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,396 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

I've stayed twice at the Beachcomber last year, and will be returning in September. It's nothing fancy, but it has large rooms (although bathroom is small) with a fridge, clean, gorgeous grounds, very friendly staff, 2 pools, on the beach, and great live music 7 days a week.

The only thing is I don't know if I'd bother renting a beach view room as the bar, outdoor bar, and seating area will partially block your view. Plus it could be noisy. I usually get a courtyard view room. And I've always been close enough to the beach end of the hotel that I can see the water when standing up on the shared balcony.

SPB is a great place as you can do as much or as little as you want.

4. Re: Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2012, 11:19
Edited: 19 June 2012, 11:19
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

treasure island has some beach bars too, the tiki bar at the thunderbird, bazzies beach bar, at the bilmar, further south is caddy,s on the beach and katiki at sunset, ricky t,s bar and grill is popular though not beach side, also sloppy joe,s beachside at the bilmar...

Northern Burbs of...
Level Contributor
212 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

Thanks for the great tips

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

Well, I guess the value of these forums is that everyone has a different persective....

I, for one, do not find our beach bars grubby (weathered, yes - dirty, no). I am also not tattooed, do not smoke cigarettes, and don't find $2 drafts to be ridiculously expensive. In my experience, most of the folks (locals and tourists) visiting the beach bars are having a good time, talking, laughing, dancing. Those that aren't enjoying themselves just leave, I suppose.

Not all resorts charge parking fees. As noted, the Beachcomber does not. Nor does the Bilmar in Treasure Island, which would also be a great option for you, Blunt1. As Tony mentioned, lots of fun places nearby.

Northern Burbs of...
Level Contributor
212 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

To Florida Gulf Savers-I checked the weather last September and it didn't rain. Not to say this September will be different. Then if the weather is going to be that bad maybe I should just consider a totally different destination. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Edited: 17 June 2012, 15:31
Northern Burbs of...
Level Contributor
212 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

Well said SPB :0)

10. Re: Saint Pete Beach or Treasure Island where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2012, 11:19
Get answers to your questions about St. Pete Beach
Recent Conversations