We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Postcard Inn on the Beach

Welland
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Postcard Inn on the Beach

Hello.....

Wondering about the renovated accomadations of this complex....did all the rooms get an upgrade or only some. Have been reading some mixed reviews and would love some expert advise.........Thanks

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
940 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Postcard Inn on the Beach

Hi Erica

I haven`t stayed in the Postcard Inn therefore I`m not really qualified to answer your question.

I stay at The Gulf Gate Resort, a condo resort a little south of Postcard Inn. The rooms there are spacious,clean, and have all the comforts of home for around the price of a hotel room.

Why don`t you check them out

http://www.gulfgateresort.com/

Welland
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Postcard Inn on the Beach

Thanks sciallas..... will check it out !!!!!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,409 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Postcard Inn on the Beach

I've stayed next door at the Beachcomber, so have seen the grounds and have eaten at their restaurant, Food was good, grounds seems nice but I've never been able to see their rooms. They do have rooms that the door faces the parking lot, just an f.y.i. I would suggest call them directly and ask questions about the different type of rooms.

If things don't work out with PCI, check out the Beachcomber, which is litterally next door. The staff is very friendly, the grounds are gorgeous, and all rooms face either the courtyard and/or pool. The rooms could use some updating, but they are large and clean. I've stayed there 3 times, and is my hotel for St Pete Beach.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Postcard Inn on the Beach

www.thunderbirdflorida.com

The Thunderbird is close and really unique. It has a large pool, and a beach front tiki bar.

I've also stayed at the Gulf Gate condos. It is nice too.

Welland
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Postcard Inn on the Beach

Thanks everyone for all your advise.....I will definetly do my homework!!!! :)

New Jersey
Level Contributor
395 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Postcard Inn on the Beach

The Bilmar is also very nice all rooms face the Gulf the Palms building has balconies which have great views. Sloppy Joe's restaurant has good food and drinks.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
395 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Postcard Inn on the Beach

Sorry the Bilmar is in Treasure Isl not St Pete Beach

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Postcard Inn on the Beach

Jusf to clarify a bit..Thunderbird and Bilmar are both in Treasure Island, not St Pete Beach.

Nothing wrong with that, but it is a different town/beach. :)

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Postcard Inn on the Beach

Ha ha. Typing at the same time as rmia! :-)

st petersburg, Fl
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Postcard Inn on the Beach

Postcard Inn is fun, but limited on things to do, it is not really any type of resort and the property small. The play somewhat loud music throughout the day and night there all along the rooms areas. They have nice seating areas under the trees with nice night lights. The pool is is decent, but no shade really with loungers around and some chairs, A funky beach bar with live music at the back, and a short walk to the beach itself, although the beach is not visible from the rooms at all. The restaurant up front in hotel lobby type area is Wildwood BBQ, good but not so cheap., Rooms are funky retro surfer with wall murals but quit small and not best for hanging out in. I like to sit out side more than in.. Upbeat place, funky vibe. The did have a ping pong table last time I went and the live bands at the beachcomber next door is a selling point! The have music 11am to 2am next door daily! even holidays!