We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alden or Bon Aire

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Alden or Bon Aire

My husband and I are planning our first trip to St. Pete Beach, can't decide between the Alden or Bon Aire hotels. We will not have a rental car but have no problem walking. Which location is best for restaurants, bars etc?

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
391 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alden or Bon Aire

They are both the same distance give or take a handful of yards either way. They are similar properties.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alden or Bon Aire

I stayed at the Bon Aire for a couple of days, and it's a lovely place, friendly staff and right on the beach. It is a bit more out of the way though if you don't have a car. With the exception of an Italian restaurant and a bakery, there's nothing extremely close. I never rent a car when I'm in SPB, and I would choose The Alden between the 2.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alden or Bon Aire

Thanks for your replies! It's great to get advice from people who live there or have vacationed there. It will help us choose the best place to stay for us.

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
387 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alden or Bon Aire

Great burgers at Bon Aire beach restaurant!

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alden or Bon Aire

Try the Plaza Beach Hotel, just a little north of the Bon-Aire and well worth it. A quiet, clean gem among all of the huge noisy resorts. www.plazabeachresorts.com

New Jersey
Level Contributor
394 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alden or Bon Aire

I have stayed at both and i like the Alden more and they have two hot tubs which the Bon Aire doesn't, but you really should stop at the Bon Aire and have a burger they are really good. have a great trip

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alden or Bon Aire

Thanks for the reply, glad to hear from someone who's stayed at both. We've decided to stay at the Alden, looks like a good fit for us.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
394 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alden or Bon Aire

I'm sure that you will have a great time at The Alden,we did

9. Re: Alden or Bon Aire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2014, 04:16