We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gulf Gate Resort Questions

New Lenox, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gulf Gate Resort Questions

Has anyone stated at Gulf Gate Condos?? Is it kid friendly? Is it clean? Is it within walking distance to restaurants, etc.?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gulf Gate Resort Questions

Yes, on all counts! :-)

Frequent contributor Sciallas stays there frequently (just left, in fact!), and I'm sure he will be along shortly to answer any specific concerns you might have. I did see him last week, and he and the lovely missus appeared to be as content as ever with their accommodations.

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
930 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gulf Gate Resort Questions

Yep, as Maya has pointed out I have just arrived back in the UK after another fabulous stay at Gulf Gate.We have been staying at the Gulf Gate every year now (sometimes more than once) since 2005 and love it there.

My new favourite restaurant on the beach ( 1200 Chophouse ) is right across the street from Gulf Gate,and there are numerous others within walking distance. For those a little further, the trolley stop is less than a block away and of course you can always use the free beach rides.

It is very kid friendly, and the units are always spotless on arrival. Be aware there is no maid service, it is typically a home from home, although there is an on site management office if you have any problems.

Please,feel free to contact me if you need any further information.

Dubuque, Iowa
Level Contributor
257 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gulf Gate Resort Questions

I stay at the Gulf Gate every year in October. I love it. Everyone is so nice. The units are clean and a perfect home away from home. The grocery store is across the street. Liquor store is across the street. Many options for restraints within walking distance. Last year we were walking to a restaurant early evening and a guy on a golf cart stopped and gave us a ride for free,of course,we tipped him. The beach is perfect, and the pool and hot tub are also. We use the grills a few times also. They are excellent grills and very clean. Any other questions, just ask.

4. Re: Gulf Gate Resort Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 06:19