We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Clearwater Beach from Saint Pete Beach

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ridgway...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Clearwater Beach from Saint Pete Beach

We are staying at the Tradewinds. How do we get to Clearwater Beach? Is there one bus we could take or do we have to take 2 different ones?

Thank you.

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Clearwater Beach from Saint Pete Beach

I think you are a mile or so South of the Corey Ave area/75th St. bus terminal, and I think the Beach Trolley only goes as far south as that. So, you can walk/cab/bus the mile and hop on the Beach Trolley all the way to Clearwater Beach.

So the answer is, as far as I know, you cannot take 1 bus/trolley right from your hotel to CB, just a mile short of being able to do that though.

I was hoping Maya would see this as she is much more familiar with the Beach Trolley system than I am. Hopefully she, or someone else, will confirm, or correct what I have said.

Orlando
Level Contributor
9,707 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Clearwater Beach from Saint Pete Beach

I thought the beach trolley ran all the way to Pass-A-Grille. I guess I was wrong because I just looked at the schedule.

Here is the link

psta.net/Bus%20Schedules/…20100712.htm

Clearwater, Florida
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Clearwater Beach from Saint Pete Beach

Think it used to go all the way to PAG. That link has Corey Ave/75th Ave as the southern terminus, not PAG. Though I hope you are right. Then the OP can get there from here in one straight shot!

Edited: 16 August 2013, 14:34
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Clearwater Beach from Saint Pete Beach

I've taken the trolley to go to Clearwater during a trip, and it was 2, you change at the 75th street stop. If you want to walk to the corner, then you'd just take the 1. It's a nice drive, you get to see a lot of the smaller communities on the way.

A heads up: it's cheaper to get a day pass then to pay for each bus if you take 2 up and 2 back (they don't give transfers, you have to pay for each trolley).

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Clearwater Beach from Saint Pete Beach

I have been away on vacation, and have not been checking the Forum, but y'all did great without me anyways! :-)

The Trolley did used to go all the way to Pass-a-Grille, but they changed the schedule a while back.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Clearwater Beach from Saint Pete Beach

Maya, correct me if I am wrong, but the info I got on the Trolley's is:

one-seat ride from the St. Petersburg Pier to Pass-a-Grille Beach. Would need to take Central Ave Trolley (as opposed to Suncoast Beach Trolley) to get to downtown St. Petersburg

There has recently been a change in the trolley routes, so the Beach Trolley only goes as far south as the intersection of Gulf Blvd and 75th Ave in St Pete Beach, no longer all the way to Pass-a-Grille. Central Ave Trolley that runs right in front of the Alden. (next door to the Tradewinds) The Central Ave Trolley will take you directly to the Pier in downtown St Pete, which has shops, restaurants a small aquarium, fishing, and other activities.

won't the CENTRAL Ave Trolley also take you directly from The Tradewinds to Clearwater Beach without changing trolleys?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Clearwater Beach from Saint Pete Beach

No, the Central Ave Trolley doesn't go to Clearwater Beach. It goes from Pass-a-Grille, at the southern tip of Saint Pete Beach, along the main SPB hotel strip on Gulf Blvd, then stops at the intersection of Gulf Blvd and 75th Ave. It then continues east on 75th Ave, crossing the Corey Causeway onto the mainland and into downtown Saint Petersburg. It doesn't go anywhere near Clearwater Beach.

When the CAT stops at the intersection of 75th Ave and Gulf Blvd, this is where you have to get off the bus and switch to the Beach Trolley. This is the southernmost terminus of the Beach Trolley. Both bus stops are clearly marked, just a few steps apart.

I know it might sound confusing, but it is quite obvious once you get here!

www.psta.net/CAT.php

www.psta.net/BeachTrolley.php

8. Re: Getting to Clearwater Beach from Saint Pete Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2014, 05:18