We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
beverley
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
car rental

While car rental company to choose, alamo or dollar, or any other I'm not familiar with

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

Generally they are all about the same. I would just shop around for the best prices. If you're staying at a hotel, ask them if they have a corporate code for guests to use that might get you a discount. I usually use Dollar, but would go with the best price as long as it was one of the national chains like Hertz, Enterprise, etc.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,589 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

Enterprise advertises that they will pick you up at your location and bring you to their rental depot. There is an Enterprise location in SPB on 75th Ave (Pasadena Ave)

beverley
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

Is it best to get a car at the airport or resort

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

It will cost around $65 for a cab ride from the airport to the beach, so it might be better to pick up at the airport. The rental offices are right outside the airport exit so it is pretty convenient.

Joppa
Level Contributor
44 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: car rental

If you go to Tampa International Airport web site, using the following link, you can see which rental companies are available and which have the counter at the airport and which are a shuttle away from the airport. I go to their individual web sites to see their rates and have found they fluctuate wildly:

https:/…rental_car_services.asp

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
374 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: car rental

I got a SUV using priclines name your own price $225 for 5 days. They include only the top 5 rental company's at the airport.

Joppa
Level Contributor
44 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: car rental

By watching the web sites, I got a full size car for $87.06 for a week from Thrifty. The rates were in the $300-400's when I first started watching. I think it all depends on supply and demand duringt the week you're going but they definitely fluctuate. Since I got that rate, the prices went up astronomically and have since settled in the $200-300 range.

Edited: 08 April 2014, 00:50
Joppa
Level Contributor
44 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: car rental

P.S. Dollar and Thrifty are now offering AAA discounts. For whatever reason, they've put that "banner" at the bottom of their web site, so it's not easily noticed. It indicates the discount is 8-10%, but I found the discount to be deeper than that.

9. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 07:15