We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in/near Saint Pete Beach

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in/near Saint Pete Beach

Hi all!

My family is going to be visiting Saint Pete Beach in mid-May and are looking for places to eat. Our youngest son (age 4) has recently developed a very severe nut allergy, and so this will obviously greatly limit where we'll be able to dine.

Does anyone have any recommendations about restaurants in the area that are nut-free (I know... unlikely) or at least allergy-friendly? And any positive experiences from those with allergies would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks so much for any info you can provide...

Jenn

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in/near Saint Pete Beach

Maybe check with Steam/Chill. I know they have a lot of vegan and gluten free items, so they may be able to help or could point you in the right direction. Ruthie is the name of the owner and she's really sweet, so feel free to look them up online (facebook) or give them a call. I think there's also a place in Pass-A-Grille called Vida de Cafe that has vegan options and could be a place to check. You could also check with the Chamber of Commerce.

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
645 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in/near Saint Pete Beach

My husband has a severe clam allergy and Sea Critters prepared him a seafood broil in freshly scrubbed pans utensils etc (as it usually includes clams) and he was fine. We spoke with them beforehand though and they assured us they would be scrupulous in their avoidance of cross contamination. So I would call them and ask if they can do the same for you.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in/near Saint Pete Beach

Buona pizza is family friendly with great dinners as well as pizza. The early bird specials and lunches are large complete dinners at reasonable prices. They offer outdoor dining on a front and back patio. We go there about once a week. I asked them if they use any nuts in their oil or dishes and they do not except when they on occasion serve a special with pine nuts. Call first. I think if you look on TA restaurant reviews, it will give a good idea of the type of food that is served. I think it may be necessary to call most places prior to dining. Are you staying in a condo or suite type accomodations that will have cooking supplies or ability to grill? There is a dollar store in the Dolphin Plaza shopping area next to Publix supermarket if you need supplies. May I suggest to purchase some bleach to wash any utensils or cooking supplies and carry "wipies" to wipe down surfaces. I know it must seem overwhelming with your son's diagnosis, but so many people are more aware of this and are able to accomodate to keep your son healthy. Enjoy your time here!

4. Re: Allergy-Friendly Restaurants in/near Saint Pete Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 06:16