We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Questions - Casa Del Pane and Sazon

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Questions - Casa Del Pane and Sazon

Will be heading down to Guy Harvey mid-May, was looking for any updates on La Casa Del Pane, have they moved to their new location yet? If so, any reviews from their new place.

Heard about a recently opened placed called Sazon, would like to get some info if anybody has been their.

Will be there for a week, so any other suggestions on favorites is greatly appreciated, especially for a good breakfast.

Thanks

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Questions - Casa Del Pane and Sazon

La Casa Del Pane has not moved yet. The new building looks like it's coming along quickly, but I'm not sure what the time table is for the move. I have not yet been to Sazon, but have heard great things and really want to try it. Everything looks and sounds good. I always recommend Dockside Dave's for grouper and I've heard Rick's Reef is good too for many items. For breakfast I recommend Beverly's or Frog Pond. Some like Skidder's, but they've had some really bad health dept inspections recently so I'll pass on them. For a finer experience try Snappers.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Questions - Casa Del Pane and Sazon

I agree with the all of the suggestions above (especially Beverly's for breakfast and Dockside Dave's for grouper). I would add Agave for Mexican, the Wharf for seafood, Toasted Monkey and Sea Hags for casual, and 1200 Chophouse for steak.

Also, I believe the new restaurant at Guy Harvey will be opening mid-May. I am definitely looking forward to trying that!

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Questions - Casa Del Pane and Sazon

Just an update that La Casa Del Pane has a sign on the door that they will be moving the end of May.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
60 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Questions - Casa Del Pane and Sazon

Thanks for the update and added suggestions, will be down there next week and looking forward to some nice weather, cold drinks and beach time. Will give these places a try as we like to where the locals go and usually have some great experiences, so keep the suggestions coming. For live music I know of Jimmy B's, the Monkey and Sea Hag's any other reccomendations for a group of 40+ (all right mostly 50)

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Questions - Casa Del Pane and Sazon

Never been, but many enjoy the Drunken Clam.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Questions - Casa Del Pane and Sazon

Lots of other options for music! Stop by the corner of Corey Ave and Sunset Way to visit Woody's Waterfront, the Sloppy Pelican, and the soon-to-open CrabDaddy's. Also, the Blue Parrot has live music daily (At BP, it can vary from rock classics to Buffett-style to Irish to big band, so check ahead, or be prepared to move on if it's not your thing). Bongo's at Grand Plaza on the beach also has daily entertainment. PCI Bar right next to Jimmy B's has bands, too, but mostly on the weekend, I think.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
1,505 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant Questions - Casa Del Pane and Sazon

If you want to go down to Pass a Grille for breakfast, we like the Seahorse, (closed on Tues.), you can also eat breakfast at the Hurricane. I haven't had breakfast for a while at the Paradise Grille directly on the beach.

8. Re: Restaurant Questions - Casa Del Pane and Sazon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Pete Beach
Recent Conversations