We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go and stay in St Pete

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go and stay in St Pete

I am going to be traveling to St. Pete to celebrate my birthday with group of my girlfriends. We want to enjoy the nightlife, beach etc. we are all in our 40's so would like some suggestions where to stay and go that we could enjoy nice nightlife in our age group.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go and stay in St Pete

How about just a bit more info so forum members can help. When are you going? Do you prefer more upscale accommodations or laid back casual? Will you spend a lot of time on beach/do you want beachfront specifically? How many of you are there? I'm headed there Wed, for the 4th time in 2 years, and in my 40's also (ok late 40's, ha), you'll definitely enjoy. If you're not into the wild young(er) party scene you might ask some local members what places to skip.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go and stay in St Pete

I will be going in July. I do enjoy the beach, so I would like to stay near the beach and not too far from night life. Its 3 of us and and none of us are into younger wild party scene. We def enjoy music, dancing but prefer older crowd. As far as the accomodations just want to be near beach/nightlife dont want to be driving around too far. Thanks for your reply

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go and stay in St Pete

I would suggest Sirata, Grand Plaza, Beachcomber ... I think they all might have the same ownership. I would avoid Postcard Inn. I have stayed at all but the Beachcomber and liked Sirata the best. Postcard Inn rooms are terrible.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go and stay in St Pete

thanks for the suggestion will check them out.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go and stay in St Pete

I give a thumbs-up to the Beachcomber. I've stayed there twice. Jimmy B's is right on site and the central location is great. Lots of places nearby you can walk to for great food and afternoon/evening entertainment. If I recall correctly there are resorts just next door on both sides that have cool bars and entertainment. Just know up front that the rooms are a bit dated, however very clean and comfortable. I've heard mention of some recent remodeling. I've written a review if you want to check into it.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go and stay in St Pete

I believe Grand Plaza and Beachcomber are under the same management company, but not the Sirata. Whichever hotel you choose, even if not one of those, be sure to check reviews. Many have negative aspects.

Edited: 23 May 2014, 15:08
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go and stay in St Pete

I want to close proximity to beach and night life so we dont have to drive too much. So this sounds good will check your reviews.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go and stay in St Pete

I guess I didn't write a review so look thru my postings instead.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
6,327 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go and stay in St Pete

The Beachcomber sounds like it would fit your wants. It's on the beach, gorgeous grounds, remodeled rooms, great staff, and live music 7 days a week rain or shine. The afternoon band plays outside (weather permitting) and the nighttime band plays inside the bar where there is room to dance. The rooms themselves aren't fancy, and the bathrooms are small, but the room itself is pretty roomy. They also have rooms with a kitchen that would give you even more room.

I've also seen pictures of their remodeled, expanded beach bar/deck and looks totally awesome. I can't wait to see it for myself (I've stayed 3 times in the past). There's also a 7-11 across the street which is nice to pick up snacks. Oh, and all the rooms at the Beachcomber have a fridge. That is a big plus for me.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,933 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to go and stay in St Pete

We stayed in the sirata two weeks ago,fantastic really clean and comfy, anyone who knows me on here knows I was a Bilmar beach resort stalwart , but it's the sirata for me now, right on the beach, rum runners bar, Harry's bar, onsite restaurant , their slogan, imagine.. It's all here is right on the money.... I'm booking up for next year for two weeks instead of one...