We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Critters

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
233 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Critters

On our first night in Pass A Grille I want to get some good local seafood that we can afford and sit outside. Sea Critters seems to get good reviews, what do the locals think of it?

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Sea Critters

Ugh, dianejason, I get why you were disappointed. Unacceptable service.

Love Dockside Dave's! If outdoor dining is important, try their Madeira Beach location.

I haven't noticed any decline at Ted Peters. It's such basic food, with a very limited menu, and the same servers have been there for years. They've been running that smoker forever! It doesn't seem like much could go downhill.

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
386 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Sea Critters

We love Ted Peters. Never have eaten there but always stop to pick up great smoked fish.

Maya - the Wharf was dirty, table so sticky my arm stuck to it. Food was far less than average, service was terrible. Given our check right after food arrived. No one came back so we could order a second beverage. First table was crammed up next to a large party on the deck. Hole in the floor and my chair kept tipping into it. So rather than stand for lunch, We moved to another table before ordering and they put us in a dark corner at a dirty booth. I will say the parking lot is always crammed full when we drive by and we shake our heads and wonder why. We must have missed something that attracts so many people.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Sea Critters

Wow, Flipflops, I don't blame you for crossing the Wharf off your list. We have always had good service and very good food.

It is funny - there are places that we see packed out all the time that we would never choose. Food is subjective, of course, and service can be hit-or-miss, so I guess it's a good thing we have lots of choices!

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
386 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Sea Critters

Looking at another post regarding restaurant inspections and violations, my experience at the Wharf is confirmed! Dozens of violations !

Minnetonka...
Level Contributor
386 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Sea Critters

Oops! I should have read further before commenting. All the restaurants have multiple violations. I guess it is just the nature of the beast!

16. Re: Sea Critters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:16