We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let's talk about all the new restaurants!

Which St. Pete Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Topic
Let's talk about all the new restaurants!

With so many new places opening, I thought it would be nice if we had a place to share info, like what's new, what's opening, and how the food/experience is. If we locals and all of our visitors share their experiences, we should be able to collect a lot of information.

I'll start a list, with hopes that others will chime in:

Tequila Mockingbird - new Mexican place in Pass-a-Grille (formerly Black Palm)

Castile - at the new Hotel Zamora, specializing in Spanish cuisine

Café Soleil - French bakery at Dolphin Village

Shells - a return of the chain that used to be in the space occupied by Postcard Inn - opening first week of August

Boulevard Burgers - "opening soon" (formerly Bella Havana)

RumFish Grill - at the Guy Harvey Outpost - beautiful aquariums, very good food

Shark Tales - currently operating as the Sloppy Pelican, but the new owner is renovating, changing the menu and will re-open with new name/business model at the end of August

Verducci's Italian Market - not sure when this is scheduled to open

Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins - the site, at the former Paddy O'Sullivan's (or, at the gas station, as us old timers think of it, lol) has construction fencing up, but I haven't seen work going on

Casa Del Pane - gorgeous new incarnation of the tiny Italian bakery that was beside Gigi's

Those are all that I can think of right now. If anyone knows of others, or has eaten at any of these new places, please share! :-)

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
645 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Let's talk about all the new restaurants!

Great thread Maya!

We're back in September too! Btw we really enjoyed Crab Daddy's when we were there in May - but we've only eaten upstairs - good food, great view and friendly staff.

Good news re Sloppy Pelican - we love the location - but have not had much luck with the food there.

Hubby is looking forward to Boulevard Burgers opening (we saw a lot of the construction going on when there in May).

I'm looking forward to Castile - we can walk there from our rental!

Just over 6 weeks and counting!!!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Let's talk about all the new restaurants!

A new wine bar/restaurant by the owners of Mazzaros opened in August. St Petersburg downtown area called Annata. Haven't tried it yet but it looks nice. Will try it in October when I visit.

York
Level Contributor
28 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Let's talk about all the new restaurants!

Called in mid-morning whilst waiting for our room to be ready in a hotel across the street. Just have to mention how nice the toasted croissant filled with egg, bacon, and cheese was, never had this before, really tasty. Nice place, good service, will call again. Forgot to say this is Cafe Soleil.

Edited: 08 February 2015, 13:24
Ontario
Level Contributor
185 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Let's talk about all the new restaurants!

Can anybody confirm if Tequila Mockingbird in PAG has closed already? Caught a post on another website that suggests this is the case. Would be too bad, was looking forward to trying it out soon.

15. Re: Let's talk about all the new restaurants!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2016, 06:17