We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don Cesar beach chairs/umbrellas

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Don Cesar beach chairs/umbrellas

Hi all,

Having fun reading all about the area but can't find answer to my question. I want to know if we can bring our own beach chairs and umbrella onto the beach if we are staying at the Don Cesar. I know there is. $30-40 rental fee for the ones provided there. I called reservations last night to ask about some room type views and did ask the man on the phone if we could bring our own and he said we could. Having said that, I can't find anything written anywhere that it is allowed. He also said that the company that rents out the umbrellas and chairs is unrelated to the hotel. Thinking then that it is public beach? Or even if private that they can't make us not put up our own. If I have to, I will rent them but snide we r driving from Atlanta and can bring our own, just wondering if it's allowed. Anyone know?

Thank you!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don Cesar beach chairs/umbrellas

It has always been my understanding that virtually no-one can "own" a beachfront and that the beach is public property, from the shoreline to the high-water mark, which I can only guess might be 30 yards or so from the shore. Who really knows. This is pretty much the common understanding in North America and the Bahamas, anyway. In your situation, you have the best of both worlds. As a guest of the Don Cesar you have access TO the beach through their property, and once you are on the beach you should be on public lands, and are free to do as you please.

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Don Cesar beach chairs/umbrellas

You definitely can bring your own chairs and umbrellas, and you won't be the only ones to do so!

UK
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don Cesar beach chairs/umbrellas

I think the daily umbrella rental was $18 per day and small beach chairs were $8, the ones you can take in the water. If you rent after 3pm then it is half rate.

It seemed that the Don had 'control' over 2/3 ish of the width of the beach. By that I mean the loungers, cabanas, flags etc along with food and beverage service went from the hotel that far towards the water. I did see hotel guests with their own chairs and also guests lying on hotel towels near the waters edge.

The hotel since being taken over by Loews have contracted out a number of their services - the valets, spa and beach service being among them, but those employees still wear the hotel uniforms if that makes sense!

Have a great stay.

4. Re: Don Cesar beach chairs/umbrellas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:16