We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

Tampa, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

December 6, 2006 Tampa Tribune, Tampa, Florida has an article that reads the Camelot by the Sea was sold for for non payment of taxes. The condo association had failed to pay three years of property taxes, and the building had been sold from under them in a tax sale.

The Pinellas County tax office sent certified letters to the Camelot Condominium Owners' Association notifying it of the late taxes, and someone at the association signed for them. The back taxes were never paid.

My question "Why were these taxes never paid and who signed for the certified letters?"

seminole
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

ok this is kind of unbelievable! but I guess I should have thought that something was going on in that I have not recieved any correspondance from the association in about 2 years. Usually you get an annual report. So wher did all of the money go that was in all of the reserves for the condominium. Would that be the embezzling of association funds. I have owned since 1982. I have always been paid up on time. this is a mystery. So how do you proceed with the situation,.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

I'd be curious to know whether we have any recourse. We're in NJ but own 3 weeks. I just paid my maintenance! I wonder if it is worth it to engage a local attorney to try and recover something from this -

Rockford, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

yes, we are owners of two weeks at Camelot and are just sick about it - feel they have stolen our little heavenly corner of the world from us.......it is our understanding that an attorney is being sought there in Pineallas County to look into everything........see the Camelot Forum on Yahoo................

Baxters in Illinois

Massachusetts
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

Dear Camelot Owners

please join our Owners Forum on Yahoo finance groups -

several of us are meeting on Wed Dec 27th at 9am at the Pass A Grilkle Seaside grille (across from the Hurrican) We expect about a dozen owners - a St Pete Times reporter, an attorney who is also an owner who has fiulked suits..

let's consolidtae our correspondence at the yahoo site

MaryUlevich@yahoo.com

Massachusetts
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

Dear Camelot Owners

several of us are meeting on Wed Dec 27th at 9am at the Pass A Grilkle Seaside grille (across from the Hurrican) We expect about a dozen owners - a St Pete Times reporter, an attorney who is also an owner who has fiulked suits..

MaryUlevich@yahoo.com

Massachusetts
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

Dear Camelot Owners

MaryUlevich@yahoo.com

Massachusetts
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

Dear Camelot Owners

MaryUlevich@yahoo.com

sailor jim
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

I am a new owner for about four months. I live in New York state and feel very helpless regarding this issue. If anyone has any further information on the problem please e mail or post it on this site

jimseirmarco@optonline.net

Decatur, GA
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

I am responding on behalf of my in-laws Bobby and Sally Reedy from Decatur, GA. They have been owners from the 80's. I was told as of today that taxes were paid by them as recent as November '06.

I am requesting someone to contact them at 404-284-6580 or by mail at 4124 Emerald North Drive in Decatur, GA 30035.

We would definitely like to pursue any and form of litigated recourse.

Decatur, GA
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Camelot By The Sea, St. Pete Beach, FL

I am responding on behalf of my in-laws Bobby and Sally Reedy from Decatur, GA. They have been owners from the 80's. I was told as of today that taxes were paid by them as recent as November '06.

I am requesting someone to contact them at 404-284-6580 or by mail at 4124 Emerald North Drive in Decatur, GA 30035.

We would definitely like to pursue any and form of litigated recourse.

Get answers to your questions about St. Pete Beach