We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another airport to st.petersburg???

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
another airport to st.petersburg???

is there another airport close by st. petersburg i could use to get there??

Treasure Island...
Level Contributor
284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: another airport to st.petersburg???

The two closest airports here are:

Tampa International (tpa), and

St. Petersburg / Clearwater (pie).

Tpa is much larger and more choices. Pie is very small and recently had one of their larger carriers pull out, so don't know if you can still even get many flights into there...

Orlando airport is too far away IMO, and subject to traffic issues, so that you don't know if it will take one hour or three to get there and back.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
142 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: another airport to st.petersburg???

After St.Pete/Clearwater(PIE) and Tampa (TPA), my next choice to get home would be Sarasota.

The traffic to Orlando is usually awful, so unless I was leaving from there on a non-stop international flight, I would never use Orlando.

3. Re: another airport to st.petersburg???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 04:17