We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Pete Beach New Years Eve place to celebrate

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St-lambert
Level Contributor
902 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
St Pete Beach New Years Eve place to celebrate

Hello

I will be in St Pete Beach from Dec 25 to Jan04. I plan to celebrate the new year in the area, most likely without my car, I am staying at the Gulf Tides Inn. Anyone knows places to go. By Taxi or walking distances, you know don't drink and drive.

Merci

Sylvain

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: St Pete Beach New Years Eve place to celebrate

There are lots of options, depending on how formal or structured you wish the evening to be. A few ideas, within walking distance:

Tradewinds Island Grand is hosting a party with a very poular local rock band, the Greg Billings Band. If you like Southern rock, you'll love these guys! Includes buffet, open bar, champagne toast.

Coconuts Comedy Club in the Sandpiper is having a combination meal and comedy show.

For a more casual time, you could walk to the corner of 75th Ave and Sunset Dr, where there is a cluster of four restaurants/bars, and at least three of them (Woody's, Sloppy Pelican, Twisted Tarpon) will have live music and dancing, with no cover charge. You could check them all out, then stumble home! :-)

A short taxi ride away:

Sea Hags Bar and Grill is featuring local performer Billy Agans. He does a wide variety of rock tunes, and always puts on a fun show.

Middle Grounds Grill in Treasure Island is a wonderful, fine-dining restaurant that is having a special NYE party.

The Club at Treasure Island is having a very snazzy party featuring KC and the Sunshine Band.

Downtown St Pete always has a First Night street party. It is very popular with families and is a No Alcohol event, so maybe not what you're looking for, but thought I'd mention it.

Also downtown, American Idol finalist Michael Lynche is doing an outdoor concert in Straub Park.

When you arrive, look for a free Beach Life newspaper. (They are everywhere - the hotel lobby will probably have them.) This will have listings of all the current happenings and specials.

St-lambert
Level Contributor
902 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Pete Beach New Years Eve place to celebrate

Tk's so much

This is what I was looking for.

Happy New year 2011.

Sylvain

SPB, FL
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: St Pete Beach New Years Eve place to celebrate

Bump

4. Re: St Pete Beach New Years Eve place to celebrate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2011, 06:23