We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida Botanical Gardens or Sunken Gardens?

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Florida Botanical Gardens or Sunken Gardens?

If we can tear ourselves away from the water and decide to go inland, which would be your first choice: Florida Botanical Gardens or the Sunken Gardens. Thanks,

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
498 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florida Botanical Gardens or Sunken Gardens?

I've not yet been to sunken, but wasn't that impressed with botanical. It might have been off season so not much blooming. It is free however, and nice strolling over to heritage village which is right beside it.

Going to Sunken in few weeks, can post a compare then

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Florida Botanical Gardens or Sunken Gardens?

An alternative: the Kopsick Palm Arboretum

stpeteparksrec.org/gizella-kopsick-arboretum…

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
323 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Florida Botanical Gardens or Sunken Gardens?

I happen to love Sunken Gardens. It's charming and inexpensive - it's not big, maybe an hour's activity, good for a walk-around and quiet respite from the craziness at the beach. Go if you get a chance. When you leave there, head south on 4th street to downtown and check out all the local art galleries, restaurants, bars, etc. It's a beautiful downtown area on on the water. Tourists don't even realize it's there. There is also a fantastic Dali museum and others... You can easily kill a day between the gardens and downtown.

I am not familiar with the botanical gardens or Kopsick (thanks for that link - that's not far from me, I'll check it out!). By the way, you might do a search on Groupon for coupons for SG - it's not expensive anyway, but they often run a discount through groupon.

4. Re: Florida Botanical Gardens or Sunken Gardens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Petersburg