We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tampa Bay Rays - suggestions for hotel

Cumbria
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tampa Bay Rays - suggestions for hotel

We are from the UK and we are hoping to watch a sporting activity overand since it will be August I have found that the most likely sport will be Baseball. As it is our 'first' time please could anybody advise the best place to sit, the children are 10 12 13. Also we have a rough plan of going to Busch Gardens then driving to St Petesberg to watch the game, stay the night in a hotel before driving to Clearwater to maybe go on Little toot boat trip before going to see 'Winter' at the aquarium. Any recommendations for hotels and the seating suggestions are very welcome. Thanks

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Nassau
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tampa Bay Rays - suggestions for hotel

In my opinion, you will get the best view of the game and the most action if you get seats along the first base line, between home plate and first base. These would be sections 110-118. I've posted a link to Tropicana Field website for more information.

tampabay.rays.mlb.com/tb/ballpark/index.jsp

St Pete Beach and Treasure island are only about 1/2 hour drive from Tropicana Field, and there are plenty of hotels there. The drive to Clearwater from there is about another 1/2 hour.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tampa Bay Rays - suggestions for hotel

I am a firm believer that there aren't many bad seats in Tropicana. The Upper Deck seats if you stay between 314 - 315 are pretty good. I had season tickets in 310 and loved in up there! If you can afford better seats then go for the lower levels but the Upper deck seats are more than fine.

If you want to be able to pretty much go from the hotel to the game. There is a Hampton Inn in Downtown St. Petersburg, and that is within a few blocks of the free shuttle to the game. The shuttle can deliver you to the stadium and will also drop you off in the same location. It is a very convenient option. The hotel is also within walking distance to Downtown St. Petersburg that offers tons of restaurants, museums, and within walking distance as well to our huge waterfront.

St. Pete Beach...
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tampa Bay Rays - suggestions for hotel

The Hilton Bayfront is nice and has recently undergone a renovation. The Birchwood Inn also seems popular, though I have not stayed there. We stay at the Hilton often. Stay away from anything on 34th St/US 19!!!

Cumbria
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tampa Bay Rays - suggestions for hotel

Thank you for all your replies. it is much appreciated.

5. Re: Tampa Bay Rays - suggestions for hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Petersburg
Recent Conversations