We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baseball game at the Tropicana stadium,St Petes

Which St. Petersburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Warwick,uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
baseball game at the Tropicana stadium,St Petes

We are on holiday in April this year in Bradenton and have tickets on April 6 for a Baseball game at the Tropicana stadium between Tampa Rays and Toronto Blue Jays. Can anyone tell me what to expect. Start is 4.15pm. How long does it last? Whats parking like and will we follow at all if we have no idea of the rules?

Thanks

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,255 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: baseball game at the Tropicana stadium,St Petes

A famous old baseball player Yoga Berra said of baseball, "It ain't over until it's over". The point being baseball is not a timed sport. Many factors impact the length of the game. The average game lasts about 3 or 3 1/2 hours. I would guess you could get some basic rules about the game on the internet.

You might want to study a little to get more enjoyment out of the game. Do not hesitate to strike up a conversation with the people sitting next to you. I think most Americans would very much enjoy explaining the rules to an Engslish person, or other foreigner who is unfamiliar with the game. The game moves at a slow pace, so there is much opportunity for convesation (and beer). I should say the action is quick, but followed by periods of inactivity.

There is a lot of parking around the stadium. I do not believe, but I could be wrong, that most games are at or near a sell out. If the stadium holds 40,000 people and it's full things will be crowded. If there are only about 20,000 it should not be at all crowded.