We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Umbrella Rental Question

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Umbrella Rental Question

We will be staying at the Luau, which is near the Finz restaurant. We are renting directly from an owner and will not have an amenitites card. Does anyone have any information they can offer regarding the rental of beach umbrella/chairs? Can we rent from Sandestin w/o an amenities card? If so, how much per day? Will the Hilton rent to us? If so, how much per day. Thanks. Trying to decide what our options are. Would rather not invest in cheap umbrella/chairs from Walmart.

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Umbrella Rental Question

Sherwood12,

I just returned from Sandestin. Not sure when you are going per your question above so I hope you have not already left.

I would go ahead and invest in your umbrella from walmart. Also a reminder to all. Renting directly from an owner and not having a resort card can cause you a few problems. This trip we saw so many times people who tried to get on the tram/shuttle that takes you around the resort who did not have a resort card and were turned away from being able to ride. You must have a card to take advantages of most of the great amenities that come with this resort. I am not for sure on the umbrellas but it is a pretty good bet that you will need to have one. Again without that card you will not be able to take advantage of the shuttle etc. The best part about staying at Sandestin is the fact that you can park your car and literally not have to use it again. The shuttle takes you everywhere within the resort (restaurants, shopping, beach, bike rentals etc.).

Houston TX
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Umbrella Rental Question

What time does the shullte start? We like to walk the beach in the a.m. and we are staying at Club Intrawest which is far away from the beach by the looks of the map.

St. Augustine...
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville, Saint Augustine Beach
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Umbrella Rental Question

During the summer season the shuttle runs from 6am til 3am.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
159 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Umbrella Rental Question

We just returned (w/ 2 young kids) from an 8 night stay at Beachside 2. It was great. We rented from a private owner but were provided an amenity card. We WERE asked for it on the shuttle. Our "level" of amenity card did not include the 4 hours of bicycle rental/day that other cards do include, so we paid. Being able to ride the shuttle is a must. Luau is close to the beach but you still might look for a shuttle to take you back from the beach and to the village. We didn't worry about umbrella rentals - we just laid out towels...we have kids so don't sit down anyway. The umbrellas/2 chairs are about $40/day or thereabout. If you're driving you can bring stuff w/ you. We flew from DFW so didn't have stuff I would have liked to. We paid for a taxi to take us to the grocery store once and got the shuttle service to take us another time. If they are too busy to go off-resort, they can't take you to the grocery store (I did not know this and was upset because we didn't have any food!).

You will have a great time!

5. Re: Umbrella Rental Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Sandestin