We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Sea Fishing

Salem, Illinois
Level Contributor
122 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Deep Sea Fishing

We are heading to Sandestin the end of July and looking to do some deep sea fishing. My husband and I are not, by any means, fishing people. We just want the experience of it. Any recomendations on who to contact about taking a good, fun, deep sea fishing excursion?

U.S.
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

We stayed in Sandestin this last week and I figured out quickly that before we went I spent time on the Destin board asking questions like this. Its a much more active board. You will get quicker responses and probably more of them.

My family went deep sea fishing while we were there. I have 17 and 12 year olds. I did a lot of research on here and came to the conclusion that Swoop was the company I wanted to go with. The reason I went with them was they had a bigger boat with an indoor cabin that is air conditioned so if someone got sick they could go get out of the sun and relax. I figure the bigger the boat the less chance of getting sea sick. We had a blast! We did the 5 hour fishing trip. 2:30 to 7:30. I was worried that would be too long but people on trip advisor told me it would go by too fast and wouldn't be long enough.....they were right! We all caught quite a few fish and the crew was great. Yes its a bigger boat. They take out about 45 fishers and once in a while you get a tangled line. Usually when you catch a fish it tangles itself with other lines down there but the staff gets you untangled and back in the water in no time. I would give dramimine the night before and 30 minutes before fishing. Everyone in my group did ok except my oldest daughter. She got sick all of a sudden but then felt fine and kept fighing after that. Next time we do Destin we will do the Swoop longer fishing day! Oh yeah.....it was $55 per adult and $50 for kids

Salem, Illinois
Level Contributor
122 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

Thanks so much! I did read your post about your deep sea fishing experience. Sounds like you had fun. Can't wait to go!

3. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Sandestin