We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanibel beach conditions 3-2-07

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Topic
Sanibel beach conditions 3-2-07

Looks like we have a pretty positive report here - excluding part of Lighthouse beach. Let's hope it isn't just the MSC effect. :-)

SANIBEL BEACH CONDITIONS

AS OF 9:00 A. M., March 2, 2007

As of this morning, March 2nd, 2007, Sanibel public beach park conditions are as follows:

Bowman’s Beach – No algae present. Beach is in good condition.

Blind Pass Beach – No algae present. Beach is in good condition.

Turner Beach – No algae present. Beach is in good condition.

Tarpon Bay Beach – No algae present. Beach is in good condition.

Algiers Beach (Gulfside City Park) – No algae present. Beach is in good condition.

Lighthouse Beach – From the Fishing Pier to gulf side, algae is present in a 40’ wide swath, approximately 1” to 2” deep. Light amount of algae present in the immediate offshore surf zone.

For more information regarding Sanibel’s fight for water quality, please visit our website at www.sanibelh2omatters.com or call Sanibel City Hall at (239) 472-3700.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sanibel beach conditions 3-2-07

Oh Man- busted!

Alright, I'll come clean... I've been out every night with my trusty little rake. Sneaky travel industry tactic I learned at our secret meetings. Oh my- did I say that out loud?

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sanibel beach conditions 3-2-07

I figured it was more you standing on the beach and scowling at the stuff and scaring it away. [It didn't work for me and the snow, but, hey, it was worth a shot.]

Sanibel
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sanibel beach conditions 3-2-07

The problem is stil there, the reason it is only showing up at the Lighthouse point is due to currnets. When the currents change, say Hello all the way up n down Sanibel.....once again.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sanibel beach conditions 3-2-07

Have you written a letter to the city or signed one the petitions? The Chamber has one going around at this time (for beach cleanup). It's better than doing nothing and just complaining about it.

Sanibel
Level Contributor
375 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sanibel beach conditions 3-2-07

Well SanibelSands, aren't you just a little "cloud". I see you have been bashing Sanibel on the Naples forum also. Hopefully all this will be "taken care of" soon. Since you have been writing about this for some time now, I am assumming that you have already written a letter to the City and also signed the petition that has been going around. It is all about being proactive not reactive at this point in time.

Hall of Justice
Level Contributor
241 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sanibel beach conditions 3-2-07

10-4 on that Sue.

If they don't have this stuff cleaned up by July...I am going to...

Clean it up myself! I have two kids and they will make great "rakers".

7. Re: Sanibel beach conditions 3-2-07

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island
Recent Conversations