We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monthly rental

Murfreesboro...
2 posts
2 reviews
Monthly rental

My husband and I are looking for a beachfront house or Condo for a February rental. Never stayed anywhere for a month so this is a new adventure. Looking for comfortable and well equipped. Some of my non negotiables... king bed with great mattress and bedding, a desk with WiFi and good Internet, washer and dryer and a pool. Love Sanibel! What am I looking at cost wise and is all this even available?

9 replies to this topic
Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Monthly rental

I'm afraid finding a beachfront condo for the month of February will be a bit difficult. Rentals, such as the one you describe, are often booked a year in advance. You could try calling any one of the island rental companies to see if there is anything that would meet your needs. Try Royal Shell, VIP Rentals, Kingfisher, Remax of the Islands.

Actually, I just checked Feb 3 - March 3 (rentals are Saturday-Saturday) at Remax and there are a couple of beachfront condos available. One at Junonia (a 3-bedroom penthouse) that is $21,452 plus taxes; a 2 bedroom at Point Santo for $13,655 plus taxes which is probably average pricing for high season on the beach.

If you do find something that appeals to you, don't delay booking. Good luck!

Murfreesboro...
2 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Monthly rental

Thank you so much for this information. I’m actually looking for February 2019.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Monthly rental

Oh! Well that's a different story. lol. You have plenty of time.

I would still look at properties on those rental agency websites. Fyi, houses rent by the month on Sanibel but you won't find any on the gulf that aren't a small fortune. You can probably expect to pay about $3000-$3500/week for a nice, upscale condo on the beach. Some owners may reduce their weekly price slightly for a monthly rental. Make sure you ask questions about those "must-haves" and ask to see current photos.

If you are on Facebook, there is an active group of owners and renters you could check out. It's called Sanibel Rentals by Owners.

Let us know if we can answer any questions about specific complexes or units!

Level Contributor
318 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Monthly rental

There's another rental agency that has excellent reviews and immaculate updated condos & homes called Sanibel Vacations.

Their website is;

SBLVacations.com

:)

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
100 reviews
5. Re: Monthly rental

Just curious... what would be typical rate for a nice 2-bedroom condo not directly on the beach? My husband and I are thinking about options for retirement, though it's still 10 -15 years away!!!

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
21 reviews
6. Re: Monthly rental

Melissa, I think you could possibly find something on the beach that would be more in the $2500-2700/week range.

There are monthly house rentals that are away from the beach that would be more affordable. And there are some nice condo complexes that are across the gulf road that would be considerably less. Take a look at Spanish Cay which is on Middle Gulf across from the Sundial. Another nice option is Seashells of Sanibel. A quick look at Seashells showed January more like $1500/week and Feb. and March closer to $2000/week. They do rent by the week so they offer more flexibility.

Edited: 11 December 2017, 20:00
Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
100 reviews
7. Re: Monthly rental

Thanks! As long as I'm somewhere on Sanibel I know I'll be happy. I'm going to start a Sanibel Winter Retirement fund now!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
808 posts
8. Re: Monthly rental

Off beach high season count on $2000 per week. Remember state taxes and rental fees get up there too. Renting for the winter/snow-bird season is very costly these days .. likely why many prefer to purchase when that is a yearly winter plan.

pa
Level Contributor
89 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Monthly rental

Send me a private message. I know a property with pool and other amenities 1 block from beach

Reply to: Monthly rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island